At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Shimmering in azure Indian Ocean, fringed with white powder sands and vibrant coral reef, One&Only Reethi Rah is a beautiful and rare place that creates magically unscripted stories for the world’s most discerning and remarkable guests. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
Performs his/her assigned tasks to the highest professional standards, displays good salesmanship in up- selling skills, coordinates with production staff on special request. Demonstrates excellent menu product knowledge and telephone skills and etiquette. Displays good team work attitude towards his/her colleagues. Communicates with guests and reports guests’ feedback to Villa dining manager ,to ensure high levels of food and service quality and guest satisfaction are maintained at all time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Presents oneself in a way that enhances guests overall experience, by adding life and energy to the outlet.
- Ensures that all mise - en place is correctly prepared, prior to commencing service.
- To provide villa dining service to all guest villas and management villas emanated by the resort standard operating procedures
- To handle and serve all outdoor events including private dinners on the island as well as off the island and excursion deliveries/pick up,
- Prepares all food and beverage requests within the time parameters, set by the resort and always displays attributes of genuine hospitality.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge of all food and beverage items offered by the resort.
- Ensures that the design and layout of the outlet equipment is flawless and reflects the image of the resort.
- Maintains and creates a working environment that reflects a sense of place.
- Ensures that all tasks assigned, by the respected superiors are completed, in a timely and professional fashion.
- Attends and participates allocated team events.
- Must participate in required training related to the job.
- To effective communicate and maintain a favorable working relationship with colleges at all levels.
- Assure professional attitude towards guest and colleges at all times.
- To be conscious and responsible regarding energy and water conservation.
- Reports incidents of breakages, equipment repair and maintenance to Team Leader / Supervisor
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene at all times.
- To be fully aware about all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures.
- Responsible to report any potential hazardous situations within the work place to Team Leader / Supervisor
- Apply and adhere to rules and regulations as per employee handbook, departmental and resort policies and procedures, including those for the emergency situations
- Handles any guest’s complaint in a professional manner, as per resort’s Policy & Procedure (service recovery).
- Practices proper telephone etiquette with colleagues and resort’s guests.
- Ensures all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the Maldivian Law
- To check, read and understand restaurant diary or communication booklet, ensuring all information is well aware before commencing a shift.
- Review the guest preferences, prior to approach guest tables, if recorded, as promised to our customers.
- To ensure that orders of food and beverage are served promptly in accordance with food & beverage SOP.
- Use the upselling techniques at suitable timing, in order to increase the hotel revenue, to achieve the annual goals.
- To report all faults, guest concerns, comments, complains to the restaurant captain, or restaurant manager in order to emphasize, solve, follow up, communicate, and to prevent the issues repetitively.
- Greet our customer with the unique one & only greeting techniques and greeting standard.
- To be able to observe the designated area or the allocated station and in general, to anticipate customers’ requirements at any given time.
- To double check the guest checks / bill before presenting to the customer, ensuring no discrepancies through correct billing
- In order to meet the resort food & beverage standard, make sure the restaurant is well presented and welcoming to the customers throughout the operational hours
- To ensure acknowledge and greet guest with good eye contact, energetic and professional manner.
- Performs any additional or special duties, as directed by a superior.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages a distinctive advantage
- To be able work well under pressure
- Excellent Organizational Skills & Great Customer service skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Micros)
- To be able to communicate effectively and multi tasks
- At least 1-2 years experience in luxury hospitality industry
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.