About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience. Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
As Waiter/ess, you will provide knowledgeable, friendly, professional, and efficient F&B Service and to all guests ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in a manner consistent with MJ standards and maintain efficient workflow by adhering to the Sequence of Service and all timeframes and standards detailed in relevant SOPs in the F&B Standards Manual.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Anticipate customer needs and expectations correctly, including those with special needs, and provide appropriate products, services, or information.
- Meet all reasonable needs and requests of customers within acceptable enterprise time frames.
- Identify and take all opportunities to enhance the quality of service (upselling, guest recognition, resort knowledge)
- Recognize customer dissatisfaction promptly and take action to resolve the situation according to individual level of responsibility and MJ customer feedback/ complaint procedures.
- Offer assistance to colleagues when required, to ensure designated work goals are met.
- Demonstrate trust, support, and respect towards team members in day-to-day work activities.
- Conduct communication with customers and colleagues in a polite, professional, and friendly manner.
- Practice high standards of personal presentation in accordance with JI & MJ Grooming & Presentation Standards
- Seek assistance from other team members, supervisors and managers when required.
- Have a working understanding of all MJ Food and Beverage restaurant and bars in order to properly direct and advise guests.
- Prepare Outlet for service utilizing opening checklist and as instructed through briefings.
- Prepare and set tables and/or trays (Private Dining) according to F&B SOPs, Outlet Requirements and as per meal period and customer requirements.
- Provide a link between kitchen/bar and service areas, maintaining an open line of communication with F&B Production colleagues.
- Accurately take & process orders.
- Serve & clear food and drinks within required timeframes.
- Provide table service of alcoholic beverages.
- Where required (& trained to do so), provide Silver and/or Gueridon service.
- Maintain good knowledge of menu to answer questions the guests may have.
- Actively uses the standards detailed in F&B Enquiry/ Booking Checklist when taking Restaurant enquiries or bookings.
- Knowledgeable of all in-house services as well as local information and be able to assist guests when questioned.
- Has a working knowledge of the Outlet room layout, table numbers, stations and colleagues working during each shift.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of all menu items, MJ F&B Service procedures and JI Hygiene Standards.
- Private Dining: Has a working knowledge of the hotel room layout, room/villa numbers and colleagues working during each shift.
- Mini Bar: Maintains working knowledge of mini bar contents and layout.
- Pool Bar Only: Escort guest and arrange sun bed, towel, and neck rest.
- Review the notice board and outlet briefing sheets on a daily basis to be well informed of hotel events, city information, sold-out items, daily specials and any other information that may be relevant to the job.
- Complete cleaning, opening & closing checklists, and other checklists/ forms when instructed by senior colleagues.
- Assist in recording inventories/ stock-takes as required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual contribution to department objectives.
- Attend training sessions as scheduled.
- Suggest to manager or departmental trainer any training needed to enhance performance.
- Perform side duties including folding napkins, rolling silverware, cleaning trays, restocking shelves, filling ice bins, cleaning and breaking down service area, using cleaning compounds, and other duties as required.
- Report any possible theft or misuse of Resort property immediately to a member of management.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Outlet Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Team Leader or Senior Management.
- Clearly understands their role in an emergency or evacuation.
- Maximize sales and profit by providing excellent value and service and utilizing suggestive and up-selling techniques.
- Ensure that care is taken in the handling of all operating equipment so as to minimize breakage/damage.
- Ensure all bills are checked for accuracy prior to presentation.
- Adhere to all JI cashiering and cash handling procedures at all times
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Secondary education
- 2 years restaurant experience in a 5-star hotel
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Food and Beverage applications (epicure, micros)
- Additional Language (Desired)
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.