At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Shimmering in azure Indian Ocean, fringed with white powder sands and vibrant coral reef, One&Only Reethi Rah is a beautiful and rare place that creates magically unscripted stories for the world’s most discerning and remarkable guests. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
Responsible for the supervision of General Accounts Section and will work closely with the Manager, Finance especially on matters relating to budgets, forecast, tax related matters, closing activities and financial reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the General Accounts Section, including Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Tax matters and improving monthly reports.
- Reviewing and approving all journal vouchers prepared by the Supervisor, Accounts and other staff to ensure proper recording of transactions to the General Ledger.
- Working closely with Manager, Accounts to ensure that complete cycle of month end closing is efficiently and accurately done.
- Ensuring that monthly Reports to Corporate Office, local Management and third parties are prepared correctly and submitted on a timely manner.
- Reviewing the monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements.
- Assisting the Manager, Finance in reviewing the monthly trial balance and the Balance Sheet reconciliations and schedules.
- Assisting the Manager, Finance in reviewing monthly P&L statements.
- Assisting in the monthly Forecast & Annual budget exercise.
- Preparing monthly/quarterly financial commentaries for Corporate Office and other necessary reports such as Owner’s Report, reports for Board meeting etc.
- Liaising with Global Office on monthly financial reporting, Budget and Forecast queries particularly on information submitted in Hyperion.
- Liaising with the Internal/External Auditors during annual or interim audit activities and preparing audit schedules requested by the internal/external auditors.
- Stays abreast with the current tax procedures and developments, changes/updates in tax laws/acts and regulations so that the Resort is taking advantage of these changes or doing what is necessary to meet requirements.
- Maintaining full confidentiality over Resort Financial information.
- Implementing and maintaining compliance the Resort’s Standard Operating Procedures, generally accepted accounting policies, internal controls and local regulations.
- Keeps abreast with employee welfare concerns and career development/succession plans.
- Attends and participates in team events.
- Participates in required training related to the job.
- Ensure correct orientation and training for new employees in the department.
- To effective communicate and maintain a favourable working relationship with colleges at all levels.
- Assure professional attitude towards guest and colleagues at all times.
- To provide an effective structure for communication within the department at all levels.
- Leads by example, inspires and motivates those around through enthusiasm and inspires and guides others to make their decisions based on the organizations values and overall direction, keeping the Company’s goals in mind.
- Reports incidents of breakages, equipment repair and maintenance to Department Head.
- To perform audit testing and compliance to Policies & Procedures on a monthly basis.
- Performing duties and/or special projects not listed above as designated by the Director of Finance and Manager, Finance.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Good communication (verbal & writing), analytical skills, detail oriented.
- Knowledge in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Leadership, communication and business skills, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Graduate in Accounting is preferred
- Further accounting qualification is an advantage
- At least 2 years relevant experience on the same field
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.