Job Number 23016735
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Assist in supervising all concierge operations with a focus on ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents concierge department in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Supervise the flow of questions and directs guests within the hotel front drive and Lobby. Serves as hierarchy to Chief Concierge and handles the tracking of flawless service for guest. Assists in managing the day to day operations of the Concierge team.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 72
- Titles of Direct Reports - Bellman, Doorman, Concierge Agents.
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience in similar role or Senior Concierge Agent Role .
Education or Certification
- Previous experience of Concierge Management, Developing and Building Teams, Opera ,Supervising Associates of more than 20 team members .
- Higher secondary and above, Basic Computer skills, Typing speed of 40 words per minute.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
OTHER Safety and Security
- Responsible for providing hands on leadership to the entire concierge department.
- Ensures robust Arrival Experience & Elite / VIP Guest Recognition plans are in place to drive strong Guest Experience scores.
- Serves as an immediate supervisor to the Assistant chief concierge in achieving and driving guest satisfaction goals.
- Manages the flow of operation at the front drive in assisting the valet and doorman.
- Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Reviews staffing levels and suggest levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met within all areas of concierge.
- Observes service behaviours of associates and ensures that all uniformed associates are properly attired and groomed, each wearing a nametag and appropriate brand standards.
- Understands and follows all call in procedure for all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Supervises & assists all areas of the concierge under minimum supervision.
- Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
- Sets a positive example for concierge team.
- Empowers and motivates associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviors of associates in terms of brand standard audits and provides feedback to individuals.
- Conducts monthly job chats, and updates the performance tracker for future review purposes.
- Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
- Monitors all maintenance and upkeep of the luggage rooms and assets of the hotel.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates and takes time to appreciate and provide feedbacks as and when required.
- Leads by example for training and role plays for all guest related interactions.
- Sets high degree of training skills and demonstrates training abilities by tracking performances and being a role model for the team..
- Conducts Mid year and year end reviews for the team reporting directly.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Chief Concierge and Senior Management to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Adheres to the compliance of booking high risk activities, tours, and transport to those contracted by the hotel and follows Marriott Verbiage if any other requests made by guest directly for other companies.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name and introducing own name.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.