Job Number 22197096
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Engineering Storekeeper assists DOE in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and property operation & energy costs. He would be accountable for maintaining all the engineering Stores & operations with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. He would receive deliveries, store materials properly, rotate stock and ensure that all items are maintained to company standards. He would be tracking & communicating all engineering log reports, local & importation purchasing, communicating internal, external, contractors, suppliers & projects related affairs.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports -
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years experience in the engineering or related professional area
Education or Certification
- Very good knowledge of Hotel Engineering Store Products (consumables, equipment, Tools and chemical products)..
- Good working knowledge of computers, ability to navigate within variety software packages such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and material management systems
- Good understanding of checkbook management
- Basic understanding of inventory and cost management practices
- Knowledge of Stores handling procedures with regards to safety standards
- Ability to communicate professionally with other departments, co-workers and suppliers.
- Ability to do hands on physical work
- Graduation or minimum higher secondary school
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Safety and Security Policies and Procedures
- Take care of all the engineering local purchases & Follow up all the pending purchase requests
- Check the availability of all the required items by engineering staff in the local market
- Look for purchasing good quality materials with best price in the local market
- Ensure to submit local expense report with all the purchased invoices timely
- All the purchased items are regularly to be shown to the receiving clerk for official receiving
- Assists preparing Annual Budget for engineering department
- Make sure engineering offices, stores areas are kept clean, orderly and safe at all times
- Responsible for all entries of budget management system & recording money minder
- Prepare purchase requests and orders
- Assists purchasing spare parts in advance for the department.
- Attend to all entries pertaining to maintenance of control system
- Attend to telephone calls
- Preparing monthly reports, filing all reports and catalogues & making sure that all forms used in the department are available
- Preparing the daily reports related to store expense & maintain a logbook for purchases, both local and importation.
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic work environment & Performing related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensuring all associates have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Tracking operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Assisting in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with associates in order to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations and recognize performance.
- Keep a track of Engineering stores and inventory as per S.O.P.
- Take a correct Engineering store inventory at the end of each month.
- Make sure that all goods received are filed in an orderly manner.
- Maintain control of engineering purchases using that Easy Management system (Checkbook).
- Help other engineering staff when required & make sure engineering areas are kept clean, orderly and safe at all times
- Assist maintenance crew in ordering the required materials prior to commencing the work
- Attend to any kind of urgent break downs during the shift
- Carry out DOE's instructions or other designated person of authority
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- The physical ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- The physical ability to climb on a ladder to heights in excess of 10', balance, and work above the shoulder frequently.
- The physical ability to occasionally bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat
- The physical ability to use both hands for frequent grasping and occasional fine manipulation
- The physical ability to frequently carry up to 50 pounds of weight distances of up to 600 feet; and to frequently lift up to 50 pounds of weight from the floor to above the shoulders.
- The physical ability to occasionally push and pull various items, such as equipment, tools etc.
- May need to adapt to multi-temperature work environments.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.