Storekeeper / Handyman- Private Estate - Middle East
Luxury Recruitment Specialists Worldwide
Private Household & Estate Staff / Superyacht Crew
Luxury Hotel & Resort Staff / Family Office Careers / Global Concierge Service
As leading global luxury recruitment specialists, Earth & Sea Elite (E&S) who are based in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, with representatives in UK, France, USA, UAE & Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, are at the forefront of the elite private recruitment industry.
We provide executive candidates for Estate & Private Households, Luxury Hotels & Resorts and Family Offices worldwide. In addition to this, we also provide Project Managers and highly qualified Superyacht Crew to existing superyachts and new builds. E & S are also proud to offer additional, ongoing, personalised staff training and support when required.
Experience Our Vision And Explore A Bespoke Luxury Recruitment Experience.
A great opportunity to experience another culture, gain valuable experience and be part of a large multi-cultural team. We are looking for candidates who are reliable and trustworthy, who are dedicated to their role, forward thinking and have a real desire to impress at all times. Someone who stands out from the crowd and who can display real knowledge and experience in their position.
Position: Storekeeper / Handyman
Start Date: July/Aug 2020 - Start date subject to COVID19 country borders opening
Location: Middle East
Package: Up to €3,000 per month, 1-month vacation, newly built single or twin self-contained apartments with staff recreational area, including gym and swimming pool, all meals, flight allowance and full medical insurance, 12 Month renewable contract.
General description of duties:
- The Storekeeper/Handyman is responsible for the safe, secure and efficient operation of the technical storage facilities, all associated buildings, equipment and immediate surroundings (roadways, pavements, gardens, etc.)
- The Storekeeper/Handyman's principle aim shall be to optimise the efficiency of the on-site storage facilities, to create an effective inventory system and ensure stored items are packaged appropriately to minimise degradation.
- The Storekeeper/Handyman will report directly to the Senior Technician on duty and support the Technical Department personnel with local purchases and assist with technical works when instructed and as and when required.
- The Storekeeper/Handyman will be delegated adequate authority and resources to achieve these goals.
- Create and maintain inventory of everything in storage in all managed locations on and off main site in accordance with the locator system in use. Maintain accurate records in a format that will facilitate search and retrieval of stored goods.
- Maintain cleanliness and condition of stored items and monitor regularly.
- Maintain cleanliness of all storage areas and assign cleaning duties to site facilities personnel as required.
- Ensure regular garbage collection, gardening and road sweeping by grounds-keepers/facilities contractors are completed in accordance with the schedule in place and standards expected, through coordination with the Site Facilities Supervisor.
- Monitor all buildings, equipment and machinery for faults or damage and report to Senior Technician. Immediately make safe when a fault is discovered and report all breakdowns to Senior Technician.
- Maintain all equipment with the support of the Technical Department personnel and conduct repairs to faulty equipment in coordination with the Senior Technician and assigned technical personnel.
- Support the Technical Department with maintenance and repair duties throughout the site, as and when requested.
- Provide a support service to the Technical Department for purchases of specific low-value items available on the local market. A vehicle will be provided for this purpose.
- Maintain records of all equipment requiring regular inspection and testing. This is to include (but not limited to) fixed and mobile lifting equipment, vehicles, platforms and fixed and portable fire-fighting equipment. Arrange inspections by 3rd-parties in coordination with the Senior Technician and Safety Superintendent accordingly.
- Take responsibility for Health & Safety within the storage areas and ensure that all company personnel, facilities management contractors and client representatives wear the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when accessing the storage areas under the Storekeeper/Handyman’s control.
- Record goods in and out of the storage facilities and keep inventories up to date accordingly.
- Assist management company provisioning staff and procurement personnel with deliveries of goods to the storage facilities. This includes the off-loading and storage of deliveries, as well as management and filing of associated paperwork.
- The Storekeeper/Handyman shall not enter into a contract (or series of contracts or commitments) or authorise any purchase (or series of purchases) if the total value of these is anticipated to exceed [amount to be advised], unless with the prior written approval of the Senior Technician on duty
Minimum qualifications and/or qualities:
- Competence in general management and modern office procedures including word-processing and spreadsheet work.
- Familiarity with basic accounting and book-keeping
- A broad knowledge of private estate operations, facilities management, building maintenance, plant and equipment servicing or having worked in a builders’ merchants would be a distinct advantage
- Fluent English language and other language skills as appropriate
- A positive attitude combined with the ability to communicate fluently with colleagues
- Proven skills (or the willingness to be trained) in forklift operation, first aid, fire-fighting, plant and equipment maintenance and associated operations.
- Full driving licence.