The Spa Therapist is accountable for ensuring that all guests receive requested treatment and service in accordance with the NOVOTEL standard of excellence. Massage therapists evaluate clients by conducting various motion and muscle testing and suggest treatment plans. They ought to have a comprehensive knowledge of various massage modalities, possess a common understanding of body treatments and body healing offerings.
• Provide a level of service which exceeds all guest expectations by completing all treatments in a consistently thorough manner, in the time allocated and by treating all clients with individual attention
• Respond to all guest requests in a courteous manner
• Develop and maintain appropriate relation with all spa guests
• Assist guests and clients in an appropriate and timely manner
• Handle guests’ queries and concerns efficiently and politely
• During treatment visits by guests attend to the following in addition to delivering treatments, greeting, update records, consultations, refreshments and immediate handling of complaints.
• Ensure all therapist administration is completed at the end of each day (guest records, stock lists and updates of the log book).
• Ensure rooms are kept clean and tidy according to Spa check list and health and safety standards
• Monitor status of all equipment and notify the Director if there are any maintenance or repair needs. Promptly record equipment issues in the log book i.e. fixtures missing, etc.., and notify the spa maintenance personnel
• Restock professional products in designated treatment room by completing the stock order sheet to ensure that the rooms are fully stocked at all times.
• Ensure effective liaison between spa therapists and receptionists.
• Participate in on-going training programs.
• Continually strive to upgrade the quality of treatments you deliver through practice and receiving of feedback.
• Participate in weekly spa therapist meeting with recreation manager
• Ensure procedures are proficient including bookings, payments, and consultation cards
• To suggest SPA and Massage products to clients
• To work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player
• To report accidents, maintenance issues, or other incidents
Level of Education
Vocational education Areas of study Health / Social Professional experiences
1 to 2 years Languages essential
English (Primary tongue) Essential and optional requirements
Desired candidate should be a bachelor Hotel school graduate/ Beauty/Spa Therapy qualification/ Massage Therapy License with one year experience on a similar role. Massage Therapy License Beauty.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a solid background in Recreation & Spa with passion for quality and excellence. Outgoing, creative and eager to share the desire to deliver Novotel service standards and ACCORHOTELS values with guests and associates.