Job Summary & Mission
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Head Chef, the Souse Chef will assist in the preparation and service of all sections in the Kitchen.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in the selection of kitchen personnel.
- Trains, cross-trains, and retrains all kitchen personnel.
- Schedules the kitchen staff and rosters.
- Supervises workloads during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance of each kitchen employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Ensure that the kitchen is always kept clean.
- Do proper hand over to next shift.
- Ensure that orders are placed.
- Check all incoming orders.
- Do stock takes as required.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment is looked after and well maintained.
- Make sure that you are polite and friendly to all guests.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Require all kitchen employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Ensure that everything is done to the highest possible standards.
- Follow all reasonable instructions.
- Upholds the restaurants commitment to hospitality.
- Ensure that you communicate all your requirements to the appropriate people.
- Practices good personal hygiene principle.
Summary of Qualifications & Experience
- Educational Qualification
- Hospitality Management Degree / Diploma from a recognized university / institute.
- Understanding about the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and critical control points) requirements.
- Culinary school background is a plus.?
- Minimum 5 years of kitchen management experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Able to work extended working hours and during weekends as well.