Job Number 22184779
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To welcome and escort our Guests, ensure that their luggage is handled as per brand standards of Marriott International, focus on ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represent concierge department in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Maintain the flow of guest traffic and direct guests within the Lobby.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - 0
Skills and Knowledge
- Similar experience, Traffic Management, local knowledge.
Education or Certification
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), Innovative, Pro-active and reliable, Outgoing personality and outstanding guest service skills.
- Knowledge of local area, local attractions, entertainment and landmarks
- Hotel knowledge, Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent telephone etiquette ,Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- Higher Secondary Education.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
OTHER Safety and Security
- Check front drive area for cleanliness of driveway, loiters, clean flags, carpets, taxi waiting area and other as required by operation.
- Brief associates for the shift and planned break times for the day based on operations.
- 15/5 rule is followed by own self and all Door associates for all guests interactions.
- Decision maker for taxi diversion to the reserved parking.
- Be the driving force at front drive to clear traffic congestion planning to divert traffic
- Monitors Transport Company cars buses, and associates are not loitering around are parked not blocking the main roads and traffic.
- Monitors and controls the traffic marshals and instructs on operations of the day.
- Ensure luggage carts are neatly arranged in their designated area at all times.
- Identify and confirm with the Guest total number of pieces unloaded from the car and issue luggage tag.
- Fills in all details pertaining to the information of the luggage tag, Guest name, Date, time, number of pieces and associate name.
- Supply a copy of the luggage sticker at the bell desk with your name to identify and send luggage to guest room according to the name by the bell captain.
- Support the implementation of "1st 10" program according to local government regulations.
- Follow up of received luggage every 15 minutes to ensure no delay in delivery of luggage.
- Store the luggage only at permitted areas and attend the luggage at all times while in public areas.
- Keeps knowledge of all cars waiting in the lobby and converses with guest for an exempted waiting time.
- Interacts with guest, understands requirements and assist accordingly.
- Personally takes initiative to involve issues relevant to front drive operations.
- Ensure availability of taxis at the taxi stand.
- Ensure guests satisfaction and interaction by the door team for all waiting guests.
- Receive valet parking tickets and assist valet parking team at times as and when required to effectively maintain the flow of cars at front drive.
- Conduct familiarization tour for new joiners and there training matrix follow ups.
- In depth knowledge of service notes, brand standards and hotel property for all queries.
- Takes high care of any guests property that is been handled by the door staff.
- Bending, Stooping and Lifting a weight of 30 lbs or more as and when required.
- Maintains accuracy of break timings and serve themselves as a role model for others
- Takes initiative through empowerment, ensures guests satisfaction and conducts briefing as and when requested.
- Be familiar with local area and location of company offices, banking institutions, Shopping malls, Restaurants, etc.
- Ensure flags are clean at all times and to get changed every 2 weeks by Doorman Team.
- Ensure every week to complete hospitality audits at least once a week and 4 in a month.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Adheres to the compliance of booking high risk activities, tours, and transport to those contracted by the hotel and follows Marriott Verbiage if any other requests made by guest directly for other companies.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name at all times.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.