About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience. Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
As Guest Services Executive, you will be the main point of contact for the guests upon arrival until their departure and to handle all enquiries throughout their stay in a friendly and effective manner always striving to exceed expectations and keeping in mind ‘Everything Considered’.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Give a warm welcome to guests on arrival and register them as well as issuing room keys in the appropriate welcome booklet
- Take payment from guests on departure and close their bills correctly
- Be efficient in assisting guests throughout their stay with any requirements
- Sell rooms to walk-in guests at the maximum rate possible
- Ensures that the Guest Services desk is manned, operationally prepared, and stocked at all times
- Maintains the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guests are disclosed to anybody
- Update all information given by guests on the Registration Card on check-in into the Fidelio system making sure that all required information has been provided
- File all Registration Cards and dockets for in-house guests in appropriate buckets and perform regular bucket-checks
- Neatly file registration cards of departed guests by date and in alphabetical order.
- Scan the passport of every guest on arrival and save the data correctly for the CID Report
- Carry out a Routing Instruction Report regularly and ensure that all required back-up is attached the Registration Cards neatly
- Logs and keeps the immediate supervisor fully informed of all challenges, negative feedbacks, or unusual matters of significance
- Attend the daily handover briefing at the beginning of each shift
- Identify and anticipate guest’s needs and assist in any possible way, keeping in mind Hallmark no. 2, ‘My first response to a guest will never be “no”
- Open safe deposit boxes for guests ensuring that details and signatures on the record card are completed and correct
- Check and action traces in Opera on arrival and departure as well as setting traces sensibly at all times
- Assist the CID Clerk with entering the data in the computer system whenever required
- Assist Guest Relations with escorting guests to their rooms on arrival, explaining all the features and facilities
- Work towards maximizing room revenue by up-selling to a higher rate category and selling the highest possible rates for walk-in guests
- Take advance payment guarantee on check-in for all guests according to the Resort’s Credit Policy
- Carry out a Credit Check Report on each shift ensuring that all in-house rooms have sufficient credit
- Carry out cashiering duties like foreign currency exchange, paid-outs etc
- Close their individual cashier audit at the end of each shift ensuring that all details balance
- Maintain their cash float, take full responsibility for it ensuring that it is balanced at all times
- Minimize rebates and ensure that they all have sufficient justification, back-up and signatures
- Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by the Front Office Manager/Assistant Front Office Manager/Team Leader
- Adhere to Jumeirah International’s Guiding Principles and Hallmarks
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Secondary Education
- 2 years front desk experience in a 5-star Hotel
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of front office application.
- Knowledge Opera (Front Office Applications) (Desired)
- Multi-lingual (Desired)
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.