We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion.
Sofitel Dubai Wafi
Sofitel Dubai Wafi scheduled to open in the third quarter of 2020, will be Sofitel’s largest property in the Middle East. The hotel will feature 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Patio will bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French “Joie de Vivre”. Guests will have the option to unwind at the So Spa and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness centre. Business travelers will have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai Wafi will infuse the brand’s essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist – Restaurant General Manager and help us to make Sofitel Dubai Wafi a truly welcoming destination!
To manage the overall operation of the restaurant, following established objectives for the highest standards in professional management and administration as well as in effective and fair personnel development.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Motivate, discipline, direct and supervise the work of all employees in the restaurant
- Develop and maintain training programs to ensure a high degree of staff professionalism
- Manage day-to-day operations of the restaurant
- Handle complaints and make effective service recovery
- Ensure standards are being followed in accordance with F&B policies and procedures
- Ensure all employees have full product knowledge
- Regularly inspect food & beverage quality
- Follow established and proper Accounting procedures
- Hold monthly one-to-one staff meetings to establish and monitor targets and achievements, and update performance logs accordingly
- Conduct daily roll plays and ensure employees adhere to grooming standards
- Develop maintenance schedules
- Liaise with stewarding on inventory and breakage control
- Maintain daily log book maintaining clear and concise information on the operations.
- Establish guest database with preference records of regular guests
- Schedule employees to maintain Hotel’s service standards within budgeted labour costs
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and conduct regular performance checks
- Implement weekly cleaning schedules for operating equipment
- Manage organization and cleanliness of departmental areas by conducting weekly walk-throughs with Hygiene Manager, Housekeeping and Engineering Department
- Control stock of all equipment in the restaurant
- Constantly monitor staff's appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism
- Excellent reading, written and oral proficiency in English
- Experienced in all aspects of restaurant service
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Excellent leader and trainer with strong motivational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism, sound human resources management capabilities, business acumen, energy and determination
- Proven organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Degree in Hotel Restaurant Management or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years Hotel experience in similar role