You have no new notifications
Job Number 22206898
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Multi-Property Sales Manager is responsible for the property's Strategic and proactive group sales efforts at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai/ Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa/ Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort. The position shares responsibility for achieving group revenue goals, Catering Revenue Goals, guest and associate satisfaction and implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process. The position provides day to day leadership oversight to the on-property group sales associates with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel's' sales objectives. The position has accountability for maximizing group revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting revenues (catering and group rooms) for all events which helps the leadership team to make key decisions around hotels Group & Catering Strategy.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai / Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa/ Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
• Number of Direct Reports - 0
• Titles of Direct Reports - N/A
• 3 years' experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Previously a sales manager in 4/5 star hotel.
• Experience of selling in Asia market excluding India is desirable but not essential.
• Fluent Mandarin both oral and written is desirable but not essential.
• Handling group & catering business is essential.
• Marriott sales experience is desirable but not essential.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
• Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Create and Maintain Relationships with Clients - Reach out to clients to help manage the business process, set and meet client expectations and deliver according to the budget.
• Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Selling or Influencing Others - Convincing others to buy merchandise/goods or to otherwise change their minds or actions.
• Proactive Selling - Taking action to go out and get clients and close sales whilst demonstrating understanding of strategy to ensure of achieving budgeted revenue goals in Group Room Revenue, Catering Revenue and ADR.
• Demonstrating Knowledge - Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
Education or Certification:
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years' experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
• Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the hotels that are outside parameters of the Event Booking Center.
• Handles all opportunities if hotels does not participate in an EBC.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and each hotel's revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
• Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Utilizes MarrWeb for resources and information (e.g., Training Energizers, etc.).
• Leverages available eTools (e.g., eRooming Lists, eProposals, Passkey, etc.).
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
• Conducts site inspections.
• Creates contracts as required.
• Supports brand's Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes brand's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and hotel's Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the hotel's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
• Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
• Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
GENERATING TALENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITY
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
LEARNING AND APPLYING PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
• Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
• Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Safety and Security
• Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
• Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
• Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
• Follow company, hotels and department policies and procedures.
• Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
• Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
• Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
• Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
• Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
• Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
• Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
• Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
• Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
• Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
• Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
• Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
• Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
• Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
• Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
• Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
• Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
• Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
• Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.