Job Number 22203085
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
JOB SUMMARY JOB SUMMARY
As the local, on property sales contact for Leisure / Destination Management (DMC) customers, the Sales Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting and handling all revenue-related opportunities in this segment (group, catering, transient). S/he actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned-over properly and in timely fashion for proper service delivery. Ensures compliance with Marriott International / JW Marriott Operating Standards to maintain brand integrity
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based JW Marriott Marquis Dubai / Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa / Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - Not applicable
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have (1+) years of progressive sales experience.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry preferred; experience selling luxury brands and experiential services preferred.
- Experience in US and European Markets Preferable
Education or Certification
- Aggressive negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business with a high conversion ratio.
- Possesses software knowledge (Microsoft Office, etc); Possesses systems knowledge (OPERA Sales & Catering).
- Must be able to "Knock on doors" to get the business; Knows how to conduct research on the Internet.
- Weekly prospecting and soliciting goals ; Uncovering new customers (Local and social)
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
- Ability to manage guest room and meeting space inventories
- Broad understanding of facility management (sanitation, maintenance, operations)
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of overall Hotel's operations as they affect department
- Knowledge of Event Technology products and services
- Knowledge of contract management and legalities
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong "Closing skills"
- Strong "persuasion" skills
- Effective decision making skills
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- High School/College degree preferred
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position: BUSINESS RESULTS Sales & Revenue Management
1) Builds the department top line revenue by adhering to sales strategy guidelines set forth by the Director of Sales & Director of Sales & Marketing. Identifies revenue opportunities for the Hotel's based on the client profile.
2) Meets and exceeds individual revenue goals. Effectively manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs, and identify opportunities to up-sell products and services throughout the sales process.
3) Exceeds company minimum standards with the SFA sales process and acts as a mentor for others within this area.
4) Understands the overall market in which they sell - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.
5) Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, etc. Conducts customer site inspections
6) Excels at proactive selling. Targets key accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation. Proactively identifies, qualifies, and solicits new business to achieve personal and Hotel's revenue goals. Focuses on accounts with larger potential sales revenue.
7) Responds to incoming inquiries within their market segment.
8) Proactively targets not only the local Destination Management Company but also works closely with the end Tour Operator client in the source markets.
9) Closes the best opportunities for the Hotel's based on market conditions and Hotel's needs.
10) Creates sales contracts as required.
11) Comprehends budgets as needed to assist in the financial management of department. Understands the impact of department's role in the overall Hotel's financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals Guest Satisfaction
1) Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and builds long terms mutually beneficial customer relationships to support future revenue growth.
2) Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
3) Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process. Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the catering & conference services department for the execution of details. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
4) Displays leadership in guest hospitality and ensures consistent, high level service throughout all phases of Hotel's events. Ensures products and services sold to the Event Planners meet or exceed their expectations, create loyalty and leads to increased market share.
5) Sets a positive example for guest relations.
6) Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
7) Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
8) Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with leaders. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
9) Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES LEADERSHIP
...applies broad business knowledge and balances both a short- and long-term perspective to generate strategies while leading the organization to achieve them.
1) Demonstrates commitment to JW Marriott operating principles and philosophies.
2) Holds self and others accountable for achieving results.
3) Addresses conflict in a timely manner.
4) Contributes to team results.
5) Deals with change effectively.
6) Makes decisions, including employees/team and commits to a course of action with available information. BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS
...eliminates insular thinking by fostering a positive climate for work relationships and teams committed to achieving organizational goals and initiatives.
1) Treats people fairly, with dignity and respect.
2) Works to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other employees or groups.
3) Demonstrates business ethics and personal integrity, i.e., is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
4) Listens and responds to others.
5) Is interested in other's views even if they counter own views. MANAGING WORK EXECUTION
...proactively ensures that others have the accountability, authority and resources necessary to both manage work execution and drive for results.
1) Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, etc.).
2) Effectively uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
3) Approaches work with a sense of urgency and purpose.
4) Allocates time and resources effectively when faced with competing demands.
5) Overcomes obstacles to accomplish challenging objectives.
6) Follows through on inquiries, requests, and complaints. GENERATING TALENT
...proactively identifies and develops talent within the organization.
1) Discusses problems immediately with others before they get out of control.
2) Actively pursues self-development.
3) Explains own rationale and thought processes to help employees improve their skills. ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNER
...actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and business growth; shares learning; demonstrates depth of knowledge in technical or specialized area
1) Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
2) Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for professional improvement.
3) Shares learnings, innovations, and best practices with others.
4) Is willing to learn from others.
5) Performs all technical/procedural requirements of the job. OTHER Safety and Security
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, Hotel's and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotel'ss Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.