A leading cruise line is looking for Pastry Cook.
The Pastry Cook ensures a successful link between the Chief Pastry and the pastry shop. His/her primary role includes a professional, hands-on approach, which involves: leading, training, and demonstrating exemplary culinary skills and knowledge. He/she is directly responsible for all culinary aspects in the kitchen including inventories, set-up, preparation, food quality, breakdown, and sanitation. The Pastry is accountable for ensuring all company policies, procedures, and recipes are followed consistently. He/she is responsible for documenting and communicating with the Chief Pastry and/or the Executive Chef’s personal assistant in regards to variances, exceptions, and maintenance issues.
- Continually trains, coaches, and recognizes team members to improve food quality and meet budget expectations while motivating team members
- Responsible for mise-en-place, and food service for production area
- Consistently checks food handling and storage procedures while training team members to do the same
- Assists Chief Pastry in documenting and maintaining a waste log to improve forecasting and production models
- Assists Chief Pastry in adjusting daily requisitions to reflect trends and forecasts
- Actively participates in daily focus meetings with team members to ensure communication and daily expectations
- Maintain USPH/FDA standards for outlet
- Inventory and ordering of all food items
- Assists Chief Pastry in adhering to budget constraints in regards, to labor, product, and equipment
- Assists Chief Pastry by completing and delivering of all reports, documents, and other items requested by supervisor to the chef’s office/personal assistant.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of all pastry competencies is required.
- Advanced knowledge of principles and formulas concerning starches, fats, sugars, liquids, eggs, and flavorings are required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in preparing and training others in fruit coulis preparation is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in preparing and training others in show-pieces is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant is required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a pastry supervisory position is required.
- Minimum of two years of culinary experience is required. Some formal culinary training from a recognized educational institution may substitute for this experience requirement at an equivalent rate.
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalency
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience in 4/5 star hotels or Cruise lines or bulk catering