Do you see yourself as a Painter for InterContinental Hotel® Dubai Festival City?
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high-quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guests experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues, and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
- Apply paint, stain and other finishes to property walls, ceilings and furniture using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces for finish coats.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding and burning.
- Cover surfaces with appropriate material for protection during painting and post appropriate signs.
- Clean up and store paint and painting tools and equipment in appropriate areas.
- Coordinate with vendor in order to modify colours of paint, stain or varnish.
- Consistent standing and walking throughout shift.
- Exert physical effort in transporting miscellaneous items (i.e. tools, equipment, materials, etc.) (20-60 Kg) throughout all areas of the hotels.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 14 meter, predominately over the head.
- Remain in stationary position for 30 minutes - 2 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Participate in the preventive maintenance program of all-building equipment and rooms.
What we need from you:
- Adhere to Engineering Policies and Procedures
- Report problems to Management with suggestions for resolution.
- Clarifies own job responsibilities and looks for opportunities that will increase skills and job knowledge
- Understands how their role fits with others and contributes to the success of business
- Understands the hotel’s facilities, products and services
- Provides information when requested and promotes hotel’s services, facilities and special events
- Implements department procedures and policies as needed
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to anticipate their needs
- Anticipate guest needs, handle guest enquires, and solve problems
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
- Adhere to hotel brand standards
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
- Assist guests and escort them to locations within the hotel at their request
- Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guests needs
- Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests.
- Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams and across departments
- Communicate well to ensure effective shift hand-over
- Actively participate in organised meetings
- Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two way communication.
- Be open to new ideas and make changes in the job and routine as required
- Work in line with business requirements
- Complete tasks as directed by Management
- Meet hotel attendance and grooming standards
- Work effectively with customers and colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries
What you can expect from us:
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.