Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Overseeing of Salon Reception and Retail, Ladies Salon, Men’s Grooming Lounge, Preparation Room and Office
- Oversee and responsible for the daily salon operations which includes but not limited to guest complaints, stylist needs, telephone calls and Salon reception
- Be the first point of contact for large groups/events. Manage the communication with group organizer. Offer competitive proposals. Co-ordinate appointments and update co-ordinator with itineraries. Finalize billing arrangements. On the day of event, be responsible for execution. Co-ordinate with other departments as applicable. i.e., F&B for refreshments, hotel concierge for special requests
- Follow up on packages, special requests and VIPs Complete Salon, Spa and Fitness tour to review standards, procedures and operational status
- Dealing with dissatisfied or disgruntled guests
- Ensure that mistakes are corrected and coach the staff member on the procedures that were performed correctly and those that were performed incorrectly
- Reviewing the spa soft for the day and the week to ensure that everything is booked correctly and efficiently for revenue maximization
- Reading through the many essentials e-mails that deal regarding salon, meetings, groups, and VIP’s. Also, replying to guest, vendor, sales and colleague emails
- Creating an effective schedule that meet the needs of the spa as well as works around the hours of the colleague’s availability. Verify accuracy of input in Spa Soft and facilities assignments
- To ensure operational flow, discuss any issues
- Vocational Diploma in Cosmetology or Body & Beauty therapy is strongly preferred
- Good knowledge on computer systems is a must
- Prior experience with SpaSoft system will be an advantage
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the same role
- Previous experience working in a 5-star hotel environment is preferred
- Previous experience working in the Middle East region will be an advantage
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!