Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Working closely with the all departments, mainly technical department to fulfill their needs as requested by them, liaison with them on routine basis to procure the items with highest quality while constantly searching for the lowest price
- Work with Stores and Receiving and helping each other when needed
- To assist to Materials Supervisor and Materials Manager for day-to-day functions
- Ensure that all purchase order requests are properly completed and approved before the items are purchased (system generated)
- Ensure that all items received by the hotel are properly documented in accordance with the company’s purchasing and receiving procedures
- Ensure that all items issued by stores have approved requisition
- Negotiate food and non-food prices, place required daily food orders and ensure prompt delivery
- Place regular liquor, beer, wine and soft drink orders as required
- Handle general store and engineering related purchase requests
- Generate purchase orders on approval requisitions and obtain necessary authorization and obtain the authorization from the Director of Finance and General Manager prior to processing these orders (if system generated, online approval to be obtained)
- Senior School qualification or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment (in stores / receiving sections)
- Knowledge of Purchasing System (preferably Moreton Bay)
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!