Job Number 23010246
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Responsible for providing administrative and research support to the Proactive Sales Team as well as proactively researching sales leads to achieve an agreed number of appointments for the on property Sales Team and managing a portfolio of telesales accounts to an agreed target. Responsible for ecommerce administration for the hotels to include the full maintenance of HWS to audit standard, epic as required, Identifies new business leads in conference, group and transient markets and researches these for the on property team as required. Assists in, hotel marketing promotions direct mailings, the planning and undertaking of hospitality events, tradeshows, sales trips and familiarization events. Responsible for the handling phone inquiries for Sales and managing flow through of relevant inquiries to the Property sales team.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai / Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort and Spa/ Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - n/a
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working in a sales and administrative role
Education or Certification
- An understanding of sales processes; can effectively make research calls to new and existing clients and secure appointments for the cluster sales team
- B fully aware of and adhere to Hotel policies on processing of entry visas
- Be fully competent on the approach of program for visa application
- Possesses excellent telephone skills
- An understanding of contractual agreements and legal implications.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT literacy including Microsoft Office, excel, PowerPoint, Internet
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Ability to work collaboratively with other hotel departments to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to understand, execute and support Marriott Customer Service Standards and Marriott Brand Standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
OTHER Safety and Security
- Providing an efficient and accurate administrative and secretarial support to the department head
- Coordinate communications, track and follow up on requests, and identify those of importance which require immediate attention
- Support the Trade Marketing team on procurement to source vendors/agencies including negotiations on terms/pricing
- Organizing business travel and itineraries for Senior Management & processing International Travel Expense reports
- Tracking Department Training & Development
- Processing and submitting monthly payroll & leave for the department.
- Performing a variety of accounting activities, such as preparing expense reports, voucher's, purchase orders, invoices and involved with departmental budgeting and forecast meeting.
- Maintaining & updated contracts for Corporate, Wholesale and Aircrew accounts
- Handling all domestic and international travel reservations cutting the Sales travel expenses by 20%
- Processing and submitting monthly payroll & leave for the sales department
- Maintaining ISO 14001 filing for Sales & Marketing department
- Recording, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings
- Answering and screened telephone calls in a courteous manner while taking messages with a high degree of accuracy
- Planning and coordinating company events and teamwork activities
- Producing monthly reports, presentations, flyers and spreadsheets
- Conducting site inspections for clients and hosting dinner/lunch for partners
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.