Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is Hilton's luxury brand of iconic hotels committed to personal service and culinary excellence in landmark locations around the world. Each property delivers unforgettable experiences and offers a strong sense of arrival with impressive public spaces worthy of hosting history. Guests can expect True Waldorf Service from the moment they book their stay to the moment they check out.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Marketing & Communications Assistant for Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi supports the Manager of Marketing & Communications with the execution of an effective marketing strategy that builds and maintains a powerful online and offline presence for the hotel along with increasing revenue, growing market share and creating a consistent multi-channel experience for our guests. The main role of this position is to maximize the resort's positive exposure in the global market via advertisements, promotions, public relations, digital content, social media, graphic designs, among others.
What will I be doing?
As Marketing & Communication Assistant / Graphic Designer for Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi, you will responsible for assisting the Manager of Marketing & Communication by handling and supervising promotional videos, printed material and a frame of products in relation to the design required by various departments of the hotel, ensuring that the products meet Waldorf Astoria's design standards, advertising, a deep understanding of the corporate philosophy and culture. Alongside with assisting the Manager with the development and effective implementation of marketing and promotional strategies for the positioning of the property as highly desirable to its identified target markets within the parameters set by Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi.
Your role as Marketing & Communication Assistant / Graphic Designer for Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi will include key responsibilities such as:
What are we looking for?
- Create the graphic work for the private island and resort digital brochures, website, and sales presentations.
- Assist all departments in graphic designing request (posters, menu, Ipads, among others)
- Assist the marketing team in photo shooting.
- Support the resort in their annual onsite event scheduled during your presence
- Support Marketing team to provide resort opportunities and pitching stories
- Support the resort to get prestigious awards in respective key market
- Provides courteous and professional sales collaboration at all times.
- Impart smoothly the hotel Marketing & Communications Strategy to all the team members and stakeholders.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with the relevant representatives from various hotels and organizations.
- Conduct site visits of the Private island and resort for Media or influencers
- To perform additional duties and responsibilities when needed.
A Marketing & Communication Assistant / Graphic Designer at the service of Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is always working on behalf of our Guests and has a positive attitude towards working with other Team Members. To successfully fulfill this role, you should maintain the following behaviors, attitude, skills, and values:
- Preferably an advertising, marketing or mass communication graduate with experience in a similar field and a good knowledge of the international mass communication and media culture
- Qualifications or courses related to creative, descriptive or effective writing
- University level Education with previous Marketing and Public Relations experience
- Previous work experience in the field of marketing and PR in the hospitality industry
- Speaking skills in further key business languages
- Proven experience of working and understanding the key marketing and PR disciplines, plans and strategies
- Previous experience of written work in a communicational role
- Experience working with media and design agencies
- Microsoft Office proficiency, budget management, project and time management.
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with various levels of management
- Friendly demeanor, positive and enthusiastic attitude with strong customer focus and ability to work independently
- Honesty, integrity, passion for hard work focused in achieving results and successful outcomes
- Creative minded person with a desire to work in marketing and/or PR in the hospitality industry
- A team player with a "can do" attitude and thrives on challenging situations
- Able to interact effectively, influence others and work diplomatically with a wide range of individuals
- Professional grooming approach at all times
- Good understanding of Hilton, its core values and management structure
- Demonstrates an understanding of commercial awareness, able to adapt to changing priorities with proper judgement and decision-making skills
- Graphic design software skills - Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Power Point, Word
- Photographic and video graphic skills
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!