You have no new notifications
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
A sustainable hospitality leader in the capital, Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort is a breadth of fresh air offering an eco-friendly stay amidst contemporary surroundings on the Abu Dhabi coastline. Surrounded by natural beauty and conceived to care for every aspect for guest wellbeing, the resort resembles a perennial summerhouse where visitors can experience Abu Dhabi Island life at its best. The luxury beachfront resort is home to seven world-class restaurants and bars, three swimming pools and the award-winning SPA featuring an extensive menu of specialized treatments and exclusive products from all around the world. In addition to this, guests can utilize wide range of leisure facilities including a mixed and ladies-only gym, a kids club and a tennis court. Boasting 400 meters of pristine private beach and sand dunes, the resort is anchored on one of the most desirable beach locations in the UAE and was conceived with the environment in mind having implemented eco-friendly strategies and initiatives since its launch in 2018.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Human Resources Manager to join Human Resources department in Jumeirah at Saadiyat Island Resort. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
• Review and monitor new hire requests and status changes against staffing guide and forward for approval.
• Actively engage and assist managers with recruitment needs, actively participating in screening and behavioural interviewing; this applies to external and internal applicants
• Ensure proper vetting of all new hires as per company policy
• Schedule Exit Interviews for departing colleagues and provide summary feedback to HRM
• Adhere to human resource service standards to strive for best customer service practices based on available resources
• Analyse, recommend, implement and evaluate streamlined processes, procedures, systems and methods for human resource practices to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
• Communicate and administer assigned policies, programs and procedures
• Interpret UAE’s Labour Law, ensure observance of all company and regulatory requirements and provide advice to management and colleagues regarding the employment relationship
• Assist with the implementation of effective internal communication tools within the human resource team
• Monitor HR indicators (monthly, year-to-date and historically) to identify trends and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Monitor performance management – probationary and annual appraisals;
• Monitor all work improvement discussions;
• Provide guidance and coordinate training and development activities (Individual Development Plans IDPs) for colleagues
• In conjunction with the Training Manager, assist in the development and delivery of training sessions relevant to HR matters eg: interviewing skills, performance appraisals, etc
• Conduct follow up sessions for new hires after 30 days
• Advise and assist managers with all employee relations issues, ensuring proper and accurate documentation for DARs raised
• Provide opportunities for colleagues to discuss typical employment issues(CCFF), career planning and personal issues with a view to increasing job satisfaction and improving performance;
• Organize colleague social events and focus groups to improve reward and recognition, internal communications and teamwork;
• Attend monthly departmental meetings to support colleague concerns.
• Assist in ensuring that colleague facilities are well maintained. bathrooms cleaned, locker rooms in good repair
• Induct new joining colleagues, focusing on C1 grade colleagues including show around between B1 and B4.
• Administer and process leaving colleagues (termination, resignation, absconded) and liaise with group payroll for final settlement.
• Coordinate with the cargo company for colleague’s relocation entitlement during their initial employment and/or after completion of two years employment and raise LPO accordingly.
• Administer and process flight booking arrangements with the local agencies for all new joining colleagues and whose colleagues entitled for repatriation ticket, likewise, raise LPO’s on every ticket purchased.
• Maintain accurate manning guide as well as hiring recruitment status.
• Actively coordinate with the PRO’s on the overall process of the labor work permit and entry permit visa ensuring that they are appropriately undertaken on a timely manner.
• Coordinate regularly with the overseas agents in recruitment required manpower.
• Assist social event activities in the hotel (COM, Colleagues Party, Sports activities, etc.,)
• Advise and assist managers with all employee relations.
• Must be lead by example by demonstrating the Hallmarks and guiding principles in their role continuously.
• Perform any related duties and special projects as requested by the HR Manager, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the HR department.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.