About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai’s premier lifestyle destination, is located on Jumeirah Beach Road just 15 km from the city centre and 25 km from Dubai International Airport. The 26-floor hotel has a curved design which represents the shape of a breaking wave and offers pristine private beaches with undisturbed views of the Arabian Gulf.
With 599 sea-facing rooms and suites and 19 private villas, as well as 21 restaurants and bars, extensive conference and banqueting facilities, a private marina, Sinbad’s Kids Club, Talise™ Spa, and direct complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark™ for all guests, the hotel continues to redefine the holiday experience.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Bar Manager to join Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
The purpose of this role is to assist the F&B leaders to plan, organize and direct all processes of the outlet to ensure the outlet provides quality food and beverage service that is consistent with the SBU’s SOP and achieves maximum revenue and profit in line budgeted and forecasted projections. Conducts market survey for competition ensuring that the restaurant is up in the market.
The main responsibilities are:
- Ensures that all colleagues’ activities adhere to and support the Jumeirah International Quality Management System and departmental standard operating procedures.
- Sets a personal example of the right conduct and behavior for an open eyed, respected, and effective management of the restaurant.
- Reports all the issues or related information pertaining to the operation to the General manager/Assistant Food & Beverage Manager.
- Manage the training, development and motivation of staff and ensure that the outlets are staffed with the necessary numbers and calibre of staff to meet its objective and that all staff is encouraged to maximize their capability and contribution to the company.
- Responsible for making and implementing new standard operating procedures in the outlet.
- Ensure that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives detailed in the F&B Department Performance Plan.
- Manage and control all aspects of stock management within the outlet, ensure adherence to procedures thereby minimizing stock accumulation/ loss. Prepare and submit necessary reports on sales and costs budgets and forward the same as required.
- Anticipates and forecasts volumes of business, taking into consideration hotel occupancies, holidays etc.
- Actively promotes the use of up selling techniques within outlet to exceed guest expectations and increase revenue by providing specialist advice to guests on food and beverages.
- Monitors all aspects of food and beverage quality and hygiene and takes immediate corrective action when required.
- Actively seeks and reviews customer feedback regarding food quality, service and overall satisfaction and takes appropriate and timely action.
- Takes full responsibility for all operational issues.
- May require to assists in producing and conducting F&B training as part of F&B colleagues’ development.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Related Hospitality Degree or Diploma
- Detailed Food & beverage knowledge within a Quality Luxury Brand
- Track record in working his/her way up to current position (succession plan / development within a Quality Luxury Brand)
- Excellent presentation and social etiquette
- Strong leadership and a good motivator
- High sense of responsibility
- Self-motivated, high achiever
- Enjoys being held accountable
- Committed and passionate about F&B
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Dynamic, energetic and creative individual
- Strong Knowledge of Implementing Brand standards
- Involvement in a key worldwide marketplace
- Certified in Food and Beverage knowledge
- Creative / flexible / open minded approach
- Straight forward approach, very hands on and approachable
- Ability to anticipate in day-to-day business
- Menu Engineering
- P&L financial awareness
- Focus on new worldwide market trends
- Creates bench marketable products/standards
- Experience in managing food costs and inventory control
- Minimum 3 years as Bar Manager
- Knowledgeable in Wine, Old World and New World
- Proven track record in training and developing staff
- Experience in Managing multi-cultural work force
- Proven track record in successfully launching new concepts
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.