HGV now offers Day One Team Member Benefits!
Now Offering Daily Pay *
As a Lead Bellperson/Valetyou would be responsible for executing your position's responsibilities in alignment with our culture and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Monitors property front entrance and guest arrivals. Greets and assists owners and guests transporting and/or securing their luggage appropriately.
- Provides instructions regarding the amenities of the room and property services and activities provided for guests' use.
- Delivers messages, express check-out folios, newspapers and other requested items to the owners and guests.
- Reports any problems or unusual activities to management.
- Ensures an organized, safe and clean front entrance and lobby area.
- Carries out reasonable requests by management including assisting other departments.
- Operates vehicle using safe driving practices to ensure safe delivery of vehicles to and from the parking garage.
- Tickets vehicle, writing guest name, room number, car license, make/model, amount of charge and length of stay on ticket. Follows established procedures for car control, including but not limited to maintaining neat, accurate logs of keys and completing required valet parking log sheets and reports. Retrieves information on guest vehicles and claim checks using Valet desk computer system as needed.
- Greets and thanks guests in proper English, using a clear, pleasant voice. Responds to inquiries with accurate information regarding directions to local attractions, car rentals, meeting rooms, etc., according to individual needs. Assists guests with taxi services, wheelchair requests, parking options, etc.
- Promptly answers Valet phone using positive and clear English communication. Verbally arranges and confirms parking valet requests from guests and makes appropriate arrangements for bell desk services. Responds accurately to general inquiries regarding hotel services and attractions.
- Maintains cleanliness of each guest vehicle by taking care to return the vehicle as the guest left it.
- Train new hires and current team members.
- Ensure all shifts are covered at all times after schedule has been distributed.
- Provide coaching and discipline as needed following HGV guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering commitment to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company's success are our Team Members. To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 6 months of face to face customer service experience.
- Valid Class III Driver's license and good Driver's Abstract required.
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise transport luggage weighing a maximum of 75 lbs.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push packages, bags and luggage on a hand truck/cart or other wheeled assistance weighing a maximum of 500 lbs.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to retrieve information from a Valet computer system.
- Basic language communication skills in order to communicate both verbally and in writing with guests, owners and co-workers, and fully comprehend job assignments
- Demonstrates excellence in service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction, responding to guests in a timely and professional manner.
- A courteous and professional demeanor must prevail when handling upset guests and difficult situations.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to access and accurately input and organize information into an established record keeping system.
- Ability to operate vehicles with automatic and standard transmissions.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing stairs and walking distances throughout the property.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Prior hotel/hospitality experienced preferred in a customer service capacity
- Prior driver, hospitality, Bell person or Door person experience preferred
- CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred
- Previous supervisory experience
The hourly rate for this role is between $15.50 -$25.00 based on experience
What will it be like to be a Team Member with Hilton Grand Vacations?
There's something truly unique about Hilton Grand Vacations. The foundation of our culture has been about creating memorable experiences and making a positive impact within our industry and the communities in which we live and work. Our Team Members are the driving force behind these efforts. It is their talent, passion, and commitment to our brand that has fueled the success of Hilton Grand Vacations.
Hilton Grand Vacations develops, markets, and operates a system of brand-name, high-quality vacation ownership resorts in highly desirable vacation destinations. Our company also manages and operates two innovative club membership programs: Hilton Grand Vacations Grand Vacations Club® and The Hilton Club®, providing exclusive exchange, leisure travel, and reservation services for more than 250,000 Club Members.
*Eligibility: All U.S. hourly Team Members not represented by a labor organization or subject to collective bargaining agreement