Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
CULTURE & CHARACTER:
All team members of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, a Pyramid Global Hospitality property, have the same fundamental responsibility: to take great pride in providing Howdy Hospitality to all guests while walking the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. daily. Our jobs are not just to make a difference but to "Be the Difference" in the guest and fellow team member experience. All applicants should be of the highest character and hold themselves to the following Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. expectations:
• Positivity - We wake up daily and choose to bring a positive perspective, find the good in all things, and create an environment others want to be part of. Each team member is hired to project genuine and sincere positivity daily.
• Respect - We embrace and appreciate others and show consideration for their desires, interests, privacy, physical space, belongings, different viewpoints, philosophies, physical abilities, beliefs, and personalities. We choose to show respect, even when it is not given, not only to our guests but, more importantly, to each other.
• Integrity - We consistently demonstrate and live by sound moral and ethical principles. We choose to do this not because someone is watching, but because it is the right thing to do.
• Dedication - We are unyielding in our commitment to walking our path and dedication to "Being the Difference" in everything we do. We flex our proactive muscles in being more positive, respecting, and holding ourselves to an even higher commitment to integrity.
• Excellence - We always strive to make today a little better than yesterday.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Night Cleaner is responsible for the cleanliness, deep cleaning, floor care of all public areas, Health and Fitness center, back of the house hallways, stairways, restaurant, Front Office, the pre-function areas, public and employee restrooms.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $18/hr. - Biweekly (every two weeks)
- Extensive health benefits paid time off, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at hundreds of US and international properties.
The hospitality industry is 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days of the year. All candidates must be available and are expected to work Texas A&M football game days, Ring Days, graduations, and other high occupancy times due to special events. We strive hard to manage and minimalize overtime, but it should and will be expected when business levels call for it.
- Full-time: 30-40 hours per week depending on level of business forecasted
- Days of week/weekend scheduled will vary depending on level of business forecasted.
- Shift options: 11:00PM-7:30AM
- Responsible for cleaning entire lobby area, including, but not limiting to vacuuming carpets, cleaning walls, cleaning entrance areas, strip, and polish floors, washing glass doors. Clean Front Office area, shampoo carpets as needed, clean windowsills, polish furniture and polish brass.
- Responsible for all guest requests between 11 pm and 7 am.
- Clean public restrooms including washing mirrors, cleaning light fixtures, polishing louver doors, mopping floors, polishing floors, re-stock paper supplies and scrubbing toilets.
- Clean all pre-function areas, including vacuuming carpets, shampooing carpets (monthly), clean and polish drinking fountains, cleaning entrance doors, polishing metal thresholds and removing marks from the walls.
- Maintain cleanliness of restaurant, clean floors and apply finish, remove chewing gum from furniture and carpeting, spot cleaning carpeting - shampoo monthly, vacuum carpeting nightly, clean and polish wooden fixtures, clean baseboards, spot clean walls, clean and polish banquets, chairs, table, windowsills. Also responsible for cleaning spots on windows and high dusting of wooden walls.
- Thorough cleaning of Health and Fitness Center, clean showers, toilets, mirrors, remove used towels and bathrobes, re-fill all paper and tissue dispensers, vacuum exercise room, dust and clean artwork, dust and clean the tops of all lockers. Clean saunas, spa walls and spa floor.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all equipment and machinery.
- Remain alert, courteous, and helpful to guests at all times.
- Practice safety standards at all times.
- Assist Front desk as needed.
- Help take care of guest needs as needed: tv issues, toilet clogs, etc.
- Perform other related duties as requested by Engineering supervisory.
What are we looking for?
- Janitorial experience preferred.
- Housekeeping experience desirable.
- Neat, pleasant personality.
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning machinery.
- Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read room numbers, dates, and basic instructions.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.