Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Pyramid Global Hospitality manages The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center which is part of the exclusive Curio Collection by Hilton. Our Hotel, located in downtown Roanoke, VA, features 329 luxuriously appointed guestrooms and a 63,000- square-foot, high-tech conference center. Being a part of two exceptional hospitality companies offers our team members a wealth of benefits. Discover our beautiful, historic hotel at http://www.hotelroanoke.com.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for a leader and someone passionate about the culinary arts to join our Culinary team as a Lead Cook . This individual must have extensive experience working in a high-volume professional kitchen and be a college graduate in the culinary arts. This individual must be creative, motivated, and a passionate hands-on leader in the kitchen! Successful candidates for this role will have a proven track record of work with creative menus which reflect seasonal availability based on the concept of the restaurant , responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests and team, and enjoys being a teacher of the culinary arts supporting their team both personally and professionally.
The Lead Cook will assist with planning and execution of the daily production, preparation, and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable competitive quality products.
If you have a passion for the Culinary arts and are looking to join a team where you can develop your skills, the skills of your team and grow a career, then we want you!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $20/hr. with an increase at 90 days - Paid Biweekly (every two weeks)
- Extensive health benefits, paid time off, holiday pay, 401K w/Company Match, tuition reimbursement, and employee hotel discounts at hundreds of US and international properties to name a few.
The hospitality industry operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days of the year. All candidates are expected to be available to work weekends, holidays, and other high occupancy times due to events.
- Full-time: 30-40 hours per week based on level of business forecasted
- Part-time: 8-29 hours per week based on level of business forecasted
- Days of week/weekend scheduled will vary depending on level of business forecasted.
- Shift options: We have a Regency Room Lead Line Cook as well as a Banquet Lead Cook. Hours will vary based upon business needs (projected 8-hour shifts)
- You will act in the absence of the chef to complete the daily ordering using the current par levels for all outlets and banquets.
- You may be required to perform any function within the culinary department (cook, steward etc)
- You will conduct daily walk throughs of the kitchen, make recommendations for corrections, repairs, cleanliness concerns and improvements if needed.
- You will conduct daily meetings with the team to ensure their preparation, communicating all pertinent information
- You will attend weekly F&B meetings, BEO meetings, leadership meetings, monthly safety meeting and represent the culinary team
- You will be the example that the culinary team follows
- You will have thorough knowledge of food allergens and handles any guest with food allergies with a high sense of urgency
- You will work with the culinary team to ensure prep sheets are updated and being properly used daily
- You will guide the nightly cleaning of all kitchen areas, follow up with pm stewarding crew to ensure dish area is clean and organized for the following days service
- You will assist the Chef in the creation, costing, and implementation of (seasonal) menus and special menus
- You will be consistent on all food preparation
- You will keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- You will ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- You will be responsible for the quality of ingredients
What are we looking for?
- Must be able to work long hours including weekends and holidays.
- Have a 3+ years' experience as a cook in a high volume professional kitchen
- Must have basic allergy knowledge
- Must have full knowledge of correct cooking temperatures of all vegetables and proteins, must be able to provide cutting tools needed to perform job as well as a calibrated food grade thermometer.
- Must have full knowledge of the state's health codes as well as the eco sure food safety and health report
- Active Food handler's certification
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a desire to exceed expectations
- An energetic personality
In addition to the above-listed qualifications, the ideal candidate will SOAR.
- Show Up
- Own it
- Aim High
- Respect Others
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.