Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa was newly built from the ground up in 2014. The Resort offers spacious guest rooms and suites, several restaurants and bars, a modern spa & fitness center with Russian sauna, a tennis court and as well as the largest swimming pool in Seychelles with an area of 700 square meters.
Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa is located on the northwest coast of Mahe, the largest island of the archipelago, on the famous Beau Vallon beach, which stretches for several kilometers along the Beau Vallon bay.
We are in search of an experienced Professional to oversee all the aspects of our Laundry.
Laundry Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and putting into operation the current system and technical advancement in the field of Laundry operations.
- Formulating washing formula for stained loads.
- Ensuring the washing of linen and uniform as per standard.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all laundry equipment.
- Co-ordinating with the Engineering Department about their routine maintenance of the equipment.
- Preparing Annual Laundry Budget.
- Develop new methods for increasing laundry efficiency.
- Coordinate with the maintenance team for outstanding repairs of machinery.
- Overall controlling and supervision of the Department.
- Training and coordination with supporting Departments.
- Record and monitor laundry cost.
- Make reports and recommendations when required.
- Oversee the laundry equipment preventive maintenance program.
- Approve distribution of linen to guestrooms and food and beverage department areas.
- Direct all Laundry staff.
- Approve the Laundry staff duty roster.
- Organizing training for the staff.
- Hire and train new laundry staffs.
- Experience in team management.
- Should be familiar with computers and hotel applications.
- Plan and judge for uniform replacement.
- To ensure the uniform room inspects all uniforms daily for replacement and damage.
- Provide other duties and services as assigned by the Executive housekeeper.
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings with supervisors.
Excellent communication and organizational skills with Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities. Highly responsible & reliable and also ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues.
Education High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Two to three years of experience. Minimum two years housekeeping/laundry management experience in hotel industry.