Works with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous, Sous Chef and Chef De Cuisine to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant's policy and vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Provides functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation as assigned.
• Assists the Outlet Chef in supervising the functioning of all kitchen employees, facilities and costs to ensure maximum Food and Beverage department profit is achieved.
• Establish the rota for the staff
• Assists the Outlet Chef in controlling and analyzing, on an on-going basis, the following:
- Quality levels of production and presentation in their respective areas.
- Guest satisfaction
- Cleanliness, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Ensures optimum performance in all of the above areas as assigned.
• Assists the Outlet Chef in the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure highest quality at all times.
• Assists in maintaining effective employee relations.
• Assists with Banqueting when required.
• Assists the Outlet Chef in conducting formal and on-the- job training sessions for kitchen employees.
• Assists the Outlet Chef in the completion of market lists in accordance with Ephelia quality and quantity standards. Checks perishable food items received for quantity and quality standards.
• Informs on a daily basis the Outlet Chef of all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information which does not require the Executive Chef's action.
• Assists the Outlet Chef with inspections of physical aspects of all kitchen areas, cold rooms and equipment.
• Provides hands on supervision and assistance in all Kitchen areas assigned by Chef
• Performs related duties and special projects as assigned. Candidate Requirements
- A Culinary Diploma/degree from a recognised hospitality school preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in culinary operations.
- Experience in a fine dining restaurant as a Senior Chef De Partie/ Junior Sous Chef within a 5-star Hotel environment together with a suitable experience in leadership is essential in this role.
- The level of service given while focusing intensely on the guest satisfaction
- Effective communication skills and pleasant personality are a must
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety and hygiene procedures
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organized and well planned.
- Able to work with speed and efficiency throughout maintaining positive attitude.