You have no new notifications
Job Number 22188052
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To ensure Hotel revenue is balanced, controlled, complete and accurately reported each day SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
Number of Direct Reports - 2
Titles of Direct Reports - Income Audit Clerk
2 years of Income Audit experience in 5 star luxury Hotel Skills and Knowledge
Training and willing to help continue the success of the property Education or Certification
N/A SPECIFIC DUTIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Prepare and reconcile reports on revenue related municipality fees, tourism dirham and service charge.
• Perform spot audit on rooms periodically, checking against Housekeeping report.
• Ensure that all part day room revenue has been posted in PMS system.
• Complete any other projects, tasks or activities as assigned from time to time.
Generation of GRR
• Download Trial Balance from PMS Opera and import....
• Check if ledger balances are tallied.
• Prepare Income Journal adjustment entries in the approved JV format wherever applicable.
• Upload the Income Journal adjustment entries through Vision Excel.
• Prepare Statistics Report in the Sun Systems.
• Run GRR and import data from Sun Systems to generate GRR as per the standard format (which includes Rooms/ F&B/ Other Revenue & Statistics)
Verification of Rebates
• Generate Rebate Report from Opera for:
• Ensure rebate for the day is initiated and signed by Duty Manager/Front Office Manager. Receive authorization for rebates outside his/her approval limits as per the Delegation of Authority.
• Scrutinize the rebates for reasonability and adherence to DOA.
• Provide rebate report for review and approval to respective Executive Committee members as part of the Daily Excom Packet.
Verification of Paid Out
• Receive one copy of paid out voucher from Front Office.
• Ensure that paid out vouchers are approved as per DOA/LSOP
Prepare Hospitality Report
• Receive hospitality checks from respective Outlets.
• Scrutinize details (signature/reason for hospitality ) of hospitality cheques. Check Micros Report against physical checks.
• Prepare Hospitality Report and add to Daily Excom Packet for circulation and sign-off by all Executive Committee members.
• Ensure all hospitality checks are approved /signed as per DOA or LSOP.
Telephone Report for Guest and Admin.
• Take a report from telephone system, check the call charges posted in the guest folio. In case of discrepancy, inform the Front Office.
Print Telephone Reports by extension/ access code & distribute for marking of personal calls. Review administrative cost and report to FC/DOF and Department Head.
• Forward list of personal calls to AP (for crediting the telephone cost) and Paymaster ( for recovering the amounts from payroll)
• Department Head/ FC/DOF to review and provide comments.
Complimentary Room Listing & Approval Form
• Receive complimentary room form from Front Office for all complimentary rooms during the past night stay.
• Check authorization on complimentary rooms.
• Check the same against the Opera Complimentary Room Report ( E134 in House Complimentary)
• Follow-up with Rooms Controller for any missing complimentary vouchers;
Banquet Revenue Audit
• Receive Banquet Event Order (BEO) from Events Department and reconcile with physical checks.
• Check if total revenue has been posted against appropriate revenue account code for the event including extra covers
incidental charges incurred by the guest.
• Ensure that all advances as mentioned in BEO have been received as per schedule. In case of discrepancy inform Event Manager.
• In case of any discrepancy in bills, inform the Banquet Manager. Follow up to resolve discrepancy.
General Cashier Reports
• Reconcile bank slips against Opera Report
• Check General Cashier daily report
• Post entry in respective ledger account in Sun Systems.
• Run Foreign Currency Report; ensure revenue received is as per applicable rates ( Hotel publishes rates)
Control Sum of Guest I City ledger I Deposit ledger I Package Ledger
• Check total of all ledgers (guesVcity/deposiUpackage) to ensure all transactions for the prior day have been posted accurately.
• Check Control Sum Sheet for any imbalances.
• In case of discrepancy, contract System Administrator for issue resolution.
• On fixing of the issue, run Opera Imbalance Report to check if ledger has balanced.
• Prepare Reconciliation Report ( Opera and Sun Systems Reconciliation )
• Ensure that all income booked in PMS/ POS - Opera - Sun Systems is reconciled.
Guaranteed No Show List
• Generate No Show report to check that charges are levied and bills are raised to the guest by Front Desk
• In case no show is not charged to a guest, check authorization ( as per LSOP ) for rebating
• Prepare track sheet for no show recovery
Checking of Float
• Ensure audit of hotel floats at least once every two months.
• Prepare cash float audit track report for all Cashiers.
• Keep count report dully signed on record.
Verification of Discount
• Ensure POS bills are received from all outlets.
• Separate checks with discount.
• Check discount levied agrees with Hotel discount program and ensure contracted discounts are programmed in the system for ease of tracking.
• Scrutinize the open discounts, volume and authorization as per the LSOP.
• Check for authorization of Associate Discounts vouchers.
• In case of discrepancy, ask department concerned for the valid supporting documents.
Spot check and surprise audit for Open checks
• Print Open Check Report.
• Visit Outlet and count the number of tables occupied.
Check the number of open checks in Micros.
• In case of discrepancy, Outlet Manager to provide explanation.
• Prepare Audit report and send it to Dir. F&B and DOF.
Spa I Recreation Membership revenue and payment posting
• Receive details about membership from Spa on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all revenues for Spa Membership have been tagged to a liability code in Sun Systems.
• Split revenue based on period - all monthly memberships to be recognized as revenue for the month and balance to be amortized based on period of validity maintained in Excel sheet.
• Issuance and control of membership card for club membership.
• Maintain Health Club membership file.
• Receive General Cashier Report and check GC clearing account.
• Match bank deposit slips with entries posted in the Trial Balance and then posts in Journals.
• Prepare bank deposit discrepancy report and provide to DOF/FC.
• Ensure that tips (Folio & Credit card) are tagged to a liability account & the same is cleared on monthly basis through payroll.
• Clear all other clearing accounts (revenue sharing) on a daily/monthly basis (as per contract).
Checking of Micros open check
• Verify Open Check report.
• Ensure that POS provides explanation for all open checks within stipulated lime as per LSOP.
• Document explanations & ensure that check is closed in POS.
Rate Variance Report
• Receive signed Rate Variance Report from Front Office.
• Ensure that rates have been applied correctly.
• Attach scan copy to Daily Excom Packet.
Issuing and controlling of Outlet Checks
• Issue outlet checks to Outlets on request.
• Maintain a check log register based on serial number.
• Ensure that all the checks for the previous booklets issued are received back.
• Ensure that checks are either issued or made void at Point of Sale
• Check for void checks and reasons thereon.
• Ensure that checks have been used serially and identify if there are missing checks.
• In case of missing checks, ask the Outlet Manager to explain the reason and keep the same on record for audit trail.
Front Office Incentives
• Receive dully approved incenlive sheets from POS.
• Check the same against Sales Report
• Calculate Incentive as per incentive program.
• Forward to payroll for processing.
Weekly Flash Reports
• Prepare weekly flash report for the week, MTD & forecast for the month.
• Send the report every Thursday ( in line with Marriott Reporting Calendar)
• Prepare the following Reports
Cashier Overage/ Shortage
• Circulate the report based on routing list of Excom.
• Follow-up to ensure that the email approved Manager Reports are received in a week's time.
• Escalate to DOF in case of delay of receipt approval of report.
Safety and Security
Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.