Team Leader, Income Auditor (Night)
At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Shimmering in azure Indian Ocean, fringed with white powder sands and vibrant coral reef, One&Only Reethi Rah is a beautiful and rare place that creates magically unscripted stories for the world’s most discerning and remarkable guests. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
To do the End of Day, close and back up the computer network data. Balance all the Revenue/Income Accounts and audit for accuracy of the Opera Front Office, Micros point of sales, call accounting and/or other Income generating computer systems. To print out daily Manager’s Report and distributes or sends it by local e-mail only to the authorized recipients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To work daily night duty from 10.30 p.m. until next morning finishing all duties (except on rest day) and stay up to 9:00 am to meet Income Auditor to discuss pending matters.
- Run opera/ micros/ telephone night audit in the system on a timely manner (on or before 02:00 am) every day.
- Prepare the Departmental Revenue Report and submit to department heads and to other authorized party as required latest by 08.00 am.
- To audit the daily Management reports before distributing to relevant recipients and ensure the daily revenue is allocated to correct accounts.
- To audit all outlets income reports and ensure that revenue is recorded correctly and each of them do not have any “hanging “ or not closed accounts.
- To audit all cashiers cash and ensure other settlement modes are properly balanced.
- To notify Income auditor of any discrepancy via a log entry (Income Auditor / Night Auditor Log Book).
- To audit daily transfers to Accounts Receivable (C/L) and Credit Card settlements and ensure all the backup documents are neatly bundled up and sent to Manager, Credit.
- To conduct various audits to ensure that the revenue generated is captured in the system.
- To be alert for any misappropriation of funds or cheating by the cash handlers.
- Maintain full confidentiality over Resort Financial status.
- Maintain high spirit among the Finance Department staff as well as other Resorts’ staff.
- To perform the functions of Month end and Year-end closings.
- To audit room rates and packages breakdowns.
- To back up and set the computer systems after end /month end closings are performed.
- Responsible for proper filing system for Night Audit sections.
- To work as income auditor when the income audit staff is on leave or day off.
- Use creative thinking and positive thinking and throw new ideas for constant improvement of the Finance system including internal controls.
- To assist the Assistant Financial Controller/ Manager, Finance/ Income Auditor with whatever information required from the Night Audit.
- Responsible in posting to the General Cashiers program correct amount of collection and paid outs done per cashier based on the Opera system.
- Be prepared to do any other work within the department in order to assist other weak areas or in the event of other staff going on emergency leave or when requested by the Assistant Financial Controller.
- To get assistance from the Income Auditor and the Manager, IT at any time of the night, in the event of system crash or other unavoidable problem occurring.
- Run opera/ micros/ telephone night audit in the system on a timely manner (on or before 02:00 am) every day. And make sure all duties completed as per Night audit check list.
- Performs any additional duties and/or special projects as requested by the Director, Finance.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Knowledge in OPERA/MICROS/SPA SOFT
- Advance Knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Minimum one year experience in a Five star Resort/Hotel
- A-Level Education
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.