Job Number 22212753
Job Category Human Resources
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The HR Manager supports the Director of Human Resources Operations and Multi Property DHR in leading and managing the Human Resources team, to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including oversight of recruitment, employee relations & engagement and total compensation. Additionally, the HR Manager focuses on delivering HR services that exceed the needs of associates and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; Min 4 years experience in human resources, management operations, or related professional areas.
Skills and Knowledge
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- Strong interviewing and assessment skills
- Strong coaching and development planning skills
- Strong associate relation skills
- Strong knowledge of labour laws
- Strong knowledge of labour relations
- Good training and facilitator skills; knowledge of various training methodologies
- Good event planning skills
- Strong organization skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to evaluate business trends, determine applicability to varying Marriott Brand associate profile and modify business strategies accordingly
- Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to create a high performing work environment and maximize the return on talent
- Ability to take constructive action without relying on directions from others
- Ability to exercise flexibility rather than rigid adherence to procedures in order to accomplish goals
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
- Strong problem-solving skills; encourages new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good negotiation skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Effective change management skills
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Creates and sustains a work environment that embraces the brand's culture and focuses on fair and equitable treatment and associate satisfaction to enable business results.
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Managerial positions with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Utilizes selection and career planning processes that identify the best candidates for open positions in a cost effective and efficient manner to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
- Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection procedures.
- Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Performs quality control on vendor partner's performance regarding applicant sourcing and selection.
- Manages the social media platform - LinkedIn and other career portals for branding and attracting talents.
- Works closely with the Assistant Manager and HR Supervisor in managing the monthly payroll cycle including attendance and payroll reports.
- Acts as subject matter expert with system - Oasys and support the team with resolutions to the queries.
- Lead the payroll audit each month and ensures necessary measures are taken.
- Ensures wages are paid in accordance to regionally issued guidelines and local laws e.g., entry level rates paid to new hires, overtime provisions in place and separation pay.
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Utilizes an "open door" policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources Operations.
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
- Champions HR initiatives and projects by proper planning, organizing and executing within deadlines while delegating efficiently to the team.
- Participates in departmental daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviours in all interactions with associates.
- Sets expectations and holds Human Resource team accountable for service behaviours related to delivery of HR services.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent guest service. Establishes guidelines so associates understand expectations and parameters. Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand hotel associate expectations.
- Ensures service, technical skills and leadership training occurs in the department to support successful daily operations.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire human resources team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
- Providing continuous coaching to the HR team as required and supporting their performance and development in achieving the goals.
- Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard, Regional and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs, RSOP and LSOPs).
- Assisting the Director of Human Resources Operations in managing the annual performance management process while ensuring job chats and annual reviews are conducted for all associates as per the guidelines and tracked timely.
- Any other responsibilities as requested by the Director of HR Operations and Multi Property DHR.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training and development, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Compensation and Benefits - The knowledge of principles, regulatory laws, and application of human resources compensation and benefit methods, including workers compensation and work accident procedures.
- EEO - Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations that affect employment. This includes the ability to administer and monitor Affirmative Action programs and analyzing diversity reports.
- Associate Relations - Knowledge of the broad range of relationships that could impact an employee, employer, or applicant. This includes knowledge of federal and state laws, company policies and practices, and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate, and recommend an appropriate resolution to an employee or labor relations complaint.
- Recruitment and Hiring - Ability to recruit, interview, and hire qualified candidates. This includes knowledge of best practices for each stage of the selection system.
- Training - The ability to perform training needs assessment analysis, develop training programs, and effectively delivering training modules to employees.
- Payroll - Knowledge of principles and application of human resources hourly and management payroll methods and practices.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.