Job Number 22201341
Job Category Human Resources
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To assist the Human Resources Manager and the DHR in maintaining positive internal and external relationships with both Associates and Managers. Provide a consistent high standard of administration and non-administration support to the Human Resources Department to support achievement of the business goals and strategies
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for administrative support to the Talent Acquisition (TA) and Learning and Development (L&D) efforts of the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. He/she executes the hotel's Talent Development strategy by planning Company and hotel training programmes and the recruiting of non-management roles in the hotel, as well as administration duties relating to the smooth functioning of the department. As the individual develops, there might be opportunity to become involved with TD metrics, interviewing and classroom facilitation.
Helps drive company values and philosophy and ensures all TA and L&D activities are operating in the hotel and aligned with Company vison and standards. Assists with the training, task-lists and development of the Talent Development Generalists and Coordinators. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - n/a
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in an administrative environment or HR office.
- Hospitality/hotel experience desirable
Education or Certification
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good public speaking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pro-active and reliable
- Time Management
- Multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills (MS Office, social media tools)
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years' experience in the human resources or related professional area.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position: Associate Relations
Human Resources - Department Focus
- Assists with regular communication of all Associate Benefits on properties.
- Assists with the administration of any employment relations issue (for example Employment Tribunal preparation).
- Provides a sounding board for associates who may need to discuss personal issues, and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with the organization of any associate events.
- Ensures that all leavers complete an exit interview and that details are complied to assist the hotel retention strategy.
Needs to be extremely efficient and professionally skilled in:
- Assists with any process administration and the collation of data for relevant reports.
- Assists, where necessary, with PeopleSoft data maintenance and tracking.
- Provides full administration support for candidate management system (I-GRasp) internet recruitment
- Support with the administration of any payroll of HR information though Oracle (or relevant system)
- Preparing documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Filing and forward tracing a variety of documents, appointments etc..
- Updating and distributing relevant information databases as required
- Processing incoming mail.
- Maintaining office supplies for the HR department.
- Taking meeting minutes as requested.
- Attending investigatory meetings and provides an administration support to HODs by taking minutes.
- Budget control: raises purchase orders, log budget transactions, process department invoices, report monthly.
- Updating data on the celebratory dates/Key Management Data/Contact list etc.
- Maintaining, collating and distributing all relevant activity reports.
- Responding to various requests for help and information.
- Communicating with property associates to provide information and resolving challenges on behalf of those she/he reports to.
Learning and Development
- Manages the full life cycle of the recruitment and selection process for the property ensuring the Global Recruitment System (GRS) is fully leveraged to source, identify, screen, interview and select diverse high caliber talent. Specifically relates to non-management recruiting.
- Uses creative and non-traditional talent sourcing strategies and best practices to identify top talent, while ensuring compliance with internal recruiting systems.
- Supports the operation of recruiting events to help establish staff for hotel(s).
- Coordinates the onboarding process for all new hires and task force, liaising with HR Operations and the Government Relations / Protocol departments to ensure flight tickets, housing and visa are arranged in good time and in line with budget/forecasting controls.
- Works with hiring managers on open non-management roles, to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Implements framework and processes for internal and external talent identification streams (i.e. Relationship recruiting, J1 Visa Program).
- Day-to-day accountability for ensuring the property's selection and interviewing process is in line with Company standards and geared to focus on quality of hire.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Interviews candidates with Hiring Manager present.
- Creates engaging and creative advertisements of open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Follows property interview guidelines and ensures a consistent screening criterion is used.
- Monitors and supports the selection/non-selection and offer processes to verify proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection, applicants receive status notifications).
- Works with Government Relations team on visa processes for associates and staying up to date with changes and challenges in accordance with Dubai and UAE law.
- Involved in the arrangement and facilitation of the property's Orientation program to drive successful integration of management and hourly employees into the organization that supports a strong culture and brand strategy activation, taking an active part in the facilitation of the program.
- Ensures compliance of all Marriott statutory classroom and e-Learning courses.
- Administers the Marriott e-Learning platform, 'MyLearning'.
- Leads, facilitates and supports all Marriott and JW Marriott on-property training programs, including but limited to Essential Skills for Managers and Supervisors, JW Symphony of Service and TOPPs.
- Helps employees identify specific behaviors that will contribute to service excellence.
- Works with Talent Development leaders to implement specific training to improve service performance.
- Proudly represents brand values and Company philosophy in all training and development activities.
OTHER Safety and Security
- Coordinates monthly financial reporting, specifically related to Forecast and P&L, with guidance from Talent Development leadership team and DHR.
- Implementation of analytics, and metrics to measure the success and effectiveness of TA and L&D - communication of these to management.
- Assisting with Human Resources Operations where needed, including but not limited to Employee Relations meetings and Exit Interviews.
- Assists with the development, training and task assignments of the Talent Development Generalists and Coordinators.
- Compliance and adherence to all hotel job aids, Marriott SOPs and UAE law and regulations.
- Assists with HR/Talent administration tasks to ensure the smooth functioning of the department.
- Performs other duties as reasonably requested by line manager and senior leaders.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.