As Human Resources Executive, I fully comprehend the vision of Six Senses to help people reconnect with themselves, others, and the world around them, plus our values of local sensitivity and global sensibility, crafted experiences, emotional hospitality, responsible and caring, fun and quirky and pioneering wellness.
In this role, I will support and assume responsibility for the efficient operation of the Human Resources department within brand operating standards. Six Senses guidelines and standards of operation will be adopted and followed so that performance benchmarks are maintained and exceeded. My key role is supporting the Director of Human Resources in the following:
- Support and oversee recruitment and host ratios
- Ensure resort quotas are in line with local legal requirements
- Assist with coordination of new hire orientation and training for new hosts
- Analyse host turnover statistics and trends and report the same periodically
- Ensure job descriptions are up-to-date and relevant as per brand standards
- By keeping abreast of industry intelligence, trends and practices and updating knowledge and skills, support and continually focus on talent management for our resort. Human resources practices will be constantly assessed to remain relevant and effective.
- Maintain host files as per brand standards
- Enrol new joiners in resort HRS system and clocking stations
- Prepare final settlements and ensure proper exit procedure as per brand guidelines
- An important part of the role is to interact with hosts in a professional, courteous, and positive manner and proactively seek feedback
- Corrective action will be taken immediately when issues are identified
- Interaction and communications with other departments within the resort are clear and effectively maintained
- Prepare periodic reports as requested by the Director of Human Resources
- Preparation of monthly payroll as requested by the Director of Human Resources
- The departmental budget will be strictly adhered to, and all costs will be continually monitored and controlled, while taking into consideration the preservation of required standards with every decision made. Forecasting is undertaken on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Attend meetings and training as required by supervisors
- A high standard of personal appearance, grooming and hygiene to be maintained in line with brand requirements.
- Assist with execution of host events and initiatives, overseeing host accommodation and facilities, along with the host restaurant and the host committee, career fairs and training activities.
- Perform any additional duties given to me by the HR Operations Manager/ Director of Human Resources
In this role, I will behave in a professional manner and set an example to all. I will abide by Six Senses principles, core values, best practices, guidelines and objectives, while respecting other cultures and nationalities and projecting a positive and proactive position to help build and maintain a strong, loyal team.
All activities within the department will be carried out ethically, honestly and within the parameters of local law.
To execute the position of Human Resources Executive, I have the required qualifications, technical skills and experience in a similar role in luxury resorts and with proven results. I possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent. I have 3 years or more experience in a similar role.
I possess exceptional interpersonal skills and thrive in a multi-cultural team. I have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and I am proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows Office Package.
I am able to live in a remote location for extended periods of time and travel on single status.
The above is intended to provide an overview of the role and responsibilities for a Human Resources Executive at Six Senses Zighy Bay. It is not and does not infer that the above is an inclusive and/or exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities inherent to the position. Six Senses Zighy Bay is an equal opportunity employer. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.