A well-known and reputable humane-centric hotel management and owning company in Greece, operating 5* luxury resorts in Crete and Santorini, plans regional expansion as a 3rd party hotel management company.
The company is implementing and applying performance management to achieve this goal.
We are looking for
(presently, three hotels in Crete and Santorini, each 5-star)
who will be part of the three hotel Performance Management teams, reporting to the GM per hotel.
This career opportunity is ideal for Greek-speaking hotel operations experts who are now working abroad with brand-managed hotels as an expatriate and are looking to return home to reunite with family, seeking a long-term career that allows for life-work balance while enjoying excellent salary and benefits.
Those who excel in their work and decide to make Crete and/or Santorini their home base can, in the future, further develop their career with the newly formed hotel management company.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: You must speak and write Greek fluently, have the legal right to live and work in Greece, and have gained international hotel experience with brand-managed hotels either as an F&B Manager/Director or Rooms Division Manager/Director. You can only apply if you meet these minimum requirements. Candidates with experience gained in the Greek market only or who have not worked with brand-managed hotels will not be considered.
We are seeking three Hotel Managers for three different hotels managed by a hotel management company presently operating three hotels in Crete and Santorini in Greece.
This position is to be employed on the property and responsible for a single property. This is not a home-based, remote, or headquarter-based position.
Location of employment: Either in Crete or Santorini, Greece
DUTIES & OBLIGATIONS
- Responsible for supporting and liaising with the hotel General Managers in meeting the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and operating results.
- Contributes to the budgeted hotel Gross Operating Profit (GOP) by providing excellence in hotel operating service.
- Monitors and maintains the hotel's product quality as specified by the operating procedures.
- The achievement of customer satisfaction and the presentation of the hotel quality by defining the areas of primary responsibilities and attention.
- The product and service quality control responsibilities include, but are not restricted to, the knowledge and use of:
- The hotel operating procedures.
- The hotel standards and local legislation within the guest and non-guest areas of the hotel.
- Review the guest questionnaires and in-house logs to identify operational problems.
- Physical hotel inspection to determine capital expenditure, repairs, and maintenance requirements.
- Staff uniforms: Their appearance reflects a positive hotel image.
HOTEL OPERATING TEAM DUTIES
- To manage, counsel and supervise the hotel Operating Team, consisting of a Front Office Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Chief Engineer, F&B Manager, Executive Chef, Spa/Wellness/Entertainment Manager (when not outsourced), and Security Manager.
- Chair the daily (Midweek) Operations Meetings, and counsel the attending Management in managing smooth hotel operations in their departments in line with the agreed Business Plan.
- To report each end-of-month to the Financial Controller the actual state of the operating departments versus the agreed Business Plan, update the forecast for the next three months, and highlight green and red flags.
HR & TRAINING
- To cooperate with the HR Manager to implement the Talent Strategy.
- To actively participate in providing Management Training, as part of the annual training & Development schedule, to all hotel operating Management and Associates.
- To manage the staffing of the operating departments involving the selection, employment, supervision, transfer, review, promotion, and dismissal (with due cause) of individual staff.
- Conducts weekly reviews of the departmental managers to ensure budgeted and forecasted targets are achieved.
- To implement appropriate training programmes and to develop Departmental Trainers.
- To assist in the training of the Associates, ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency.
- To maximise productivity by setting goals, providing clear guidelines, and developing team spirit.
- Ensure that all Associates report for duty punctually, always wearing the correct uniform and name badge.
- To assist in building an efficient team of Associates by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, and development.
- Ensure that all Associates always provide courteous and professional service.
- To supervise the Associates within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and service methods are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- Ensure that all Associates understand entirely and adhere to the hotel's Associate rules and regulations.
- To ensure that all Associates understand and adhere to the hotel's fire, hygiene, health, and safety policy.
- To respond to any changes in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company, or hotel.
- Attend briefings and meetings as requested.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments.
- To completely understand the hotel's Associate handbook and adhere to the regulations therein.
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene always.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as requested.
- If required, to ensure the functions and responsibilities of the Manager on Duty by the hotel's Manager on the Duty roster.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience gained as either/or Rooms Division Manager / F&B Manager, or Director, with international brand-managed hotels (not franchised nor independent hotels) with brands such as Marriott™, Hilton™, IHG™ and Accor™.
- Trained in performance management, applying metric measurement systems (ideally USALI trained, by its 11th version).
- Fully versed with Microsoft applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and can create/structure tabular spreadsheets.
- Speaks and writes Greek and English fluently and has excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent financial/business decision-making.
- Analytical skills and very well-organised.
- BA in hotel management from a leading (inter) national hotel educational institute.
- Or a BA degree in Finance and Accounting or a similar major.