The Financial Controller is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the
accounting department, such as preparation and management of the hotel and restaurant
financial budgets, payroll, implementing and overseeing all activities relating to the
financial aspects of the hotel/restaurant in compliance with state and federal tax
laws and the hotel’s SOPs.
Additionally, responsible for the financial analysis, reporting, budgeting, forecasting,
audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control, as
well as ensuring the safekeeping and updating of all legal documentation relating to the
financial status of the hotel.
This is a hands-on financial position requiring flexibility and an ability to handle multiple
Financial Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the property's overall accounting and financial management.
• Responsible to represent the finance department during daily morning meetings.
• Responsible for the local tax authority compliance for the hotel.
• Responsible to support and liaise with the General Manager, Managing Director,
and Owners in meeting the strategic goals of the organization.
• Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly P&Ls, balance
• Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions
are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
• Able to prepare and submits management reports in a timely manner and also
ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Able to effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures.
• Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to
safeguard hotel assets.
• Able to proactively assist with cost control requirements and revenue
• Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish the
• Work closely with all departments in assisting with financial aspects, assisting
with the hotel when needed.
• Monitors all local tax compliance that applies, and ensuring that taxes are charged
correctly and collected, file the local tax with the concerned authority on a
• Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
• Should have a high command of Excel, etc.
• Knowledge of accounting systems like Sun, SAP, Oracle etc.
• Knowledge of Hotel Software or Property Management Systems like OPERA,
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Must be personable and well able to deal with guests and staff.
• Must possess excellent financial knowledge, analytical skills and be very well
• Willing to contribute effort to all aspects of hotel/restaurant operation when
needed, even if not financial department oriented
• Willingness to work as an overall team member to help ensure continued growth
and success of this top. hotel and restaurant
Qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or Similar or 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and
Accounting or similar major.
At least 5 to 10 years of financial and management experience with the day-to-day
financial operations in an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality environment.