You have no new notifications
"Sunrise is the best place that I've ever worked, simply because of the people. We provide quality care in an environment that feels like home. Our focus is doing what's right for the resident. For me, that's a big breath of fresh air."
- Sunrise Leader
At Sunrise, our Chef Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for all phases of food production and presentation operations for the community's Dining Services operations.
- Overseeing and leading the food production and food presentation operations
- Supervising, hiring, coaching dining services team members
- Financial management
- Handling foods in accordance with sanitary procedures and Sunrise quality service standards and compliance with all federal, state, local regulatory procedures regarding food production and presentation
- Certification and/or College Degree in Culinary Arts
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a Chef or Kitchen Manager
- Two (2) years supervisory and management experience including hiring staff, coaching, performance management daily operations supervision, discipline and counseling
- Current Food Services Sanitation certificate
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on their skills, roles and interests
- Written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations
- Competent in organizational, time management skills
- Demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and flexible hours
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.