First impressions count. To get our guests’ memorable experiences off to an unforgettable start, we’re looking for a Front Desk Agent who can make transactions feel seamless, offer exceptional local insights, and anticipate every request to make our guests feel right at home.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be responsible to:
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to Guests.
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests.
- Anticipate Guests needs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience.
- Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude.
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
- Answer all calls within 3 rings, using the guest surname at least three times throughout conversation.
- Input all guest, Engineering, Housekeeping, etc. requests promptly and accurately into the QEMS rapid response system.
- Monitor all calls that are on queue and answers appropriately.
- Co-ordinate and assigns by dispatching work orders to the appropriate department and staff and ensure the assigned work orders are completed in accepted standard time and by priority.
- Notify guests or internal staff of any delays in performing work orders in accepted standard time and calls back guests to ensure guest satisfaction within accepted time frame.
- Continually check on the pending QEMS work orders that have not been completed.
- Handle all guest wake-up calls.
- Handle guest messages – written and or voice mail and send faxes out regarding guest inquiries and requests.
- Log all guest complaints into QEMS and guest history for future reference, tracks trends in service deficiencies and reports them to senior management.
- Have the knowledge to check-in and check-out guests from Opera, through the telephone.
- Know the basics about what guests might request regarding Engineering requirements.
- Handle guest calls for the pick-up and delivery of laundry, pressing, mending and dry-cleaning.
- Update all white boards with current information about the hotel and its activities and has complete knowledge of all in-house groups and banquet events current and future.
- Know restaurants operating hours and specials/promotions within the operation as well as catering space requirements and locations.
- Ensure high recognition of Priority Club and Ambassador Members in order to achieve high scores in the HeartBeat survey.
- Ensure maximum involvement in the HeartBeat program in order to obtain higher results.
- Complete the beginning and ending shift duties that include turnover shift report, outstanding jobs not completed in QEMS and any other daily, weekly and monthly reports required by senior management.
Ideally, the candidate must be a team player and has good communication skills. He/She must be customer oriented and is flexible to work in various shifts.
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.