Groups & Events Executive – (in English)
Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from numerous entertainment and dining options at the glamourous destination of The Pearl, in the capital of Qatar.Showcasing the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements, Marsa Malaz Kempinski boasts 281 luxurious rooms – including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal suites.
Groups & Events Executive
The Groups & Events Executive is responsible for maintaining key attention on SELLING to meet personal and team revenue goals through warm and friendly client contacts, creative sales processes and effective “sales closings” techniques and planning in order to meet the event wishes and expectations of event planners.
- Assume complete responsibility for learning from initial orientation and training programs conducted when joining the sales team by the Director of Groups & Events and all sales associates.
- Constantly gather, understand and apply the knowledge of food, beverage, technical equipment and inter-departmental procedures to the sales and planning process with the client.
- Maintain an up-to-date planning information portfolio for easy reference in the sales and planning process.
- Effectively represent the Hotel in all telephone, written and personal contacts with potential, past and current clients with warm and friendly guest contact, an ever-present willingness to assist, and especially an obvious desire to welcome client business to the hotel.
- Prepare all information-sharing communiqués to the client and to other hotel departments precisely and thoroughly and update that information on a timely basis.
- Assume responsibility for all final preparations prior to the event and on the day of the event to ensure client satisfaction in line with the details of the planning process.
- Complete all reports on a timely basis as requested by the Director of Groups & Events.
- Maintain orderly event files recording all vital information on proper departmental forms should another team member be called upon to assist or should an issue following the event need to be substantiated.
- Bid a fond farewell to all event clients with a personalized letter of appreciation and complete follow up on all outstanding balances.
- Follow up all enquiries within 24 hours of receipt and trace and follow up all past, potential and current client files on a regular basis.
- Follow all department guidelines on the outlining and collection of advance deposits and final payments OR the clear arrangements for credit accounts with the Credit Manager.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum two (2) years Sales and / or Operations experience in a 5 star hotel
- Local language – excellent oral and written skills (as applicable)
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Be proactive in achieving Groups & Events revenue goals
- Negotiation and selling skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Micros Fidelio Opera and Sales & Catering
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!