You have no new notifications
About Jumeirah & the hotel
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
The Jumeirah Royal Saray, which is located on the Bahrain shoreline in a premium beach front position, offers 172 guest rooms including two Royal Suites as well as a variety of dining and recreational choices including a state of the art health club and spa.
About the job
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Assistant - General Cashier / Pay Master to join the Finance team in Jumeirah Royal Saray Bahrain.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role
• To adjust thoroughly and adhere to the company’s policies and cash handling responsibilities.
• To ensure that all Cashier/Clerks, Barmen, Waiters close their shift and the collection is forwarded to safe deposit for General Cashier’s collection.
• To ensure safety of funds collected by Cashier/Clerks, Barmen and Waiters.
• To empty the drop-safe in the presence of a witness and to verify its contents back to the drop-safe summary.
• To break the seals of each bag and verify/count the contents back to the cashiers “Remittance of funds” sheet.
• To collate the cash and separate into different denominations and verify the totals back to the daily cash summary and to reconcile the preliminary deposit slips.
• To balance the daily foreign currency to the daily cash summary and submit to the property for exchanging of local currency.
• To complete the total cash banking summary and bank pay-in slip for the daily cash received and place in bag to be sealed in consecutive number order.
• To assist other members of staff and management with any support requested in the areas of cash handling.
• To provide a change service for all cash handlers in the property.
• Collect the remittance envelopes in presence of witness from the night drop safe.
• Open these envelopes carefully and count the cash and foreign currency with the present of one of finance colleague.
• Prepare the general cashiers summary for the cash collection and forward it to the Income Auditor.
• Sale the foreign currency to the contracted exchange house or bank and then deposit total collection for the day in the property’s bank account.
• Ensure that all outlets have enough change in order to run the operation.
• Make all petty cash payments and reimbursement to the Front Office.
• Record and accept the cheques received through the mail and cheques collected by debt collector.
• Issue a cash float to the cashier upon the approval of the Finance Manager.
• If house fund owner on vacation has to be change to assistant or who is in charge.
• On the daily basis prepare general Cashier Reconciliation summary and forward it to the Finance Manager for verification.
• Follow up with Accounts Payable to prepare the disbursement cheque.
• To be punctual and to maintain discipline within the department.
• To ensure to keep the work areas clean and tidy.
• To provide this service in a courteous and professional manner.
• Arrange the foreign currency for sales team when they want to go for business trip and once come make the reconciliation and forward financial Account to post.
• Ensure to collect the daily (except weekend) the car park cash and prepare the cash JV
• To prepare monthly payroll and secure the documents submitted to Finance Manager for final approval. QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications
• Degree in Finance & Accounting or its equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience in F& B Cashiering
• High level of written and verbal business English
• Proficient in Microsoft applications
• Knowledge of Opera, Micros, Sun Financials
About the Benefits
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brand in the hospitality industry.