Wyndham Dubai Deira is now seeking a Front Office Manager to join our team in Dubai, UAE.
The role holder will contribute to the performance of the hotel by leading and managing the Front Office Team including Front Office, Switchboard, Guest Relations and Concierge. He/she must able to effectively communicate, with all levels of team members and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner and be a representative of the brand’s service culture. They will be the subject matter expert and ‘go to person’ with regard to the processes required for key actions and problem resolution.
- Ensures that check in procedure are strictly adhered.
- Achieves maximum room occupancy within agreed overbooking policy.
- Ensures that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to, that no bill exceeds the stipulated limit without prior approval and that written confirmation, purchase order, or orders are on file.
- Makes sure that top producing accounts are protected during high book dates and inform them accordingly.
- Ensures that all repeated guest are treated as VIP and amenities are extended throughout their stay.
- Increases revenue by having a good relationship with airline managers for any lay over business.
- Ensures all front office management operation is in line with the hotel policy.
- Provides high degree of professional service to arriving and departing guests.
- Makes sure all team members, reception, reservation, concierge, and telephone operators are providing a high standard of service.
- Ensures that luggage is delivered to and collected from guest room speedily.
- Makes sure that guest accounts are balanced daily and inform the EAM/General Manager for any variance.
- Handles guest complains in a professional manner.
- Trains front office staff to sell all other hotel outlets including food and beverage outlets.
- Controls guest transportation requirements and oversee vehicle availability.
- Ensures all guest service area including lobby are clean and safe.
- Is the champion of Wyndham Rewards
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all team members providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports and their teams (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), team member development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensures that your department is fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensures that the administration of the probation review process in your department and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Makes sure Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensures 100% compliance with all mandatory training for department as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Controls the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department / the operational departments in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manages the AES process in your department and ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the team members have timely feedback.
- Conducts interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Reviews manning and re-recruitment of all positions in conjunction with HR
- Ensures that you dine in the Team member restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Supports WeCom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- Conducts or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducts documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Shares all relevant information with EAM/GM
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Leadership skills
- Attention to details
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Staff training and motivation skills
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! Service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Experience as a Front Office Manager in a 4/5-star hotel
- High level of expertise in Microsoft, Fidelio Opera and Micros is essential
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English, any additional language is a plus
- Manage and coordinate all front desk activities, staffing and guest relations
- Strong customer service ethos
- Pre-opening experience is a plus
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Dubai Deira, Plot 3 Deira Waterfront, Dubai, Dubai N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.