Job Number 23008388
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
A food safety supporter has an essential role within the food safety team and the culinary team as a whole with the main responsibility in ensuring that the implemented Food Safety Management System is followed in all aspects, focusing on monitoring and verification of the same, from the receiving of food to serving of food to guests.
Advising food handlers on the proper food handling practices, conduct daily checks on CCP's and CP's and ensure tracking and reporting of any kind of complaints related to food safety.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - n/a
Skills and Knowledge
- At least 3 years of related work experience
Education or Certification
- Must possess the ability to analyze challenges and be able to correct them. Computer skills are a must and candidate must possess good English skills in written and speaking. Knowledge of the Dubai Food Code is of an advantage.
- Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
OTHER Safety and Security
- Assist the Director of Food Safety & Environmental Services and Asst. Food Safety manager in preparing trainings, information boards and monthly newsletters or any other kinds of posters etc. requested.
- To determine on daily walk throughs non compliances, report through the correct channels and to check if standards set and given by Marriott Global Food Safety are followed, based on the 43 point checklist.
- Ensure that Brand Standards are met on a daily basis and know them, as well as the Dubai Food Code.
- As cleanliness and disinfection is crucial to be effective, the same must be checked on daily and communicated to the stewarding department.
- Conducts regular inspections of all food handling areas, bars, pantries, rooms amenities, staff locker rooms, behavior of staff which may be a potential food safety issue, assures compliance with sanitation standards and discusses observations with staff concerned and / or with departmental heads / supervisors for action.
- Ensure sick food handlers especially kitchen staff & food and beverage staff are not preparing or handling food or serving food.
- Inspects, analyzes and identifies food safety risks in purchasing, receiving, storage and preparation of food and beverage
- Monthly food sampling.
- Support in the data collection and recording of guest and supplier complaints.
- Conduct trial runs as and when scheduled and/or needed.
- Conduct administrative duties as and when required.
- Provide feedback to the Asst. manager and Dir. FS & ES on all matters relating to day-to-day hygiene and food safety and long term hygiene issues.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing hat/hairnet and proper footwear.
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
- Check kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2, A3 etc.).
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as Dubai Municipality standards.
- Follow guidelines and checklists related to PIC (Person in charge)
- Support initiatives related to food safety.
- Report any guest complaints or other issues related to food safety to the Dir. FS & ES or asst. food safety manager.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.