Job Number 23010812
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Our jobs aren't just about giving guests a clean room and a freshly made bed. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique. Our Hotel Cleanliness Experts are skilled in a wide range of housekeeping functions with responsibility for maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the whole hotel. They are empowered to move about their space and do what needs to be done. Whether delivering guest requests, stocking carts, cleaning rooms and public spaces, or other similar responsibilities, the Hotel Cleanliness Expert makes sure the spaces in the hotel help create a great guest experience.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success - ensuring a safe workplace, following company policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for Hotel Cleanliness Experts - to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (enter brand specific programs ) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
Guest Rooms, Villas, and Suites
- Contact Engineering, At Your Service (AYS)/ Delighted to Serve (DTS), or Housekeeping office directly for urgent repairs and preventative maintenance issues.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests, Front Desk, or At Your Service requests.
- Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs, following OSHA regulations and corporate standards.
- Fill cart with supplies (e.g., chemicals, rags, linens, amenities) as needed.
- Report room status (e.g., Do Not Disturb notice on room, discrepant rooms) to Main Linen Room, Housekeeping manager/supervisor, or Front Desk.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Return cart to designated area at the end of shift.
- Clean and organize items stored in laundry room, supply/storage closets, linen room, and/or uniform room.
- Fold cleaned linen into designated size, either by hand or using folding machine.
- Post caution signs (e.g., wet floor signs) to limit traffic when necessary.
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested.
Public and Employee Spaces
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order (e.g., hair dryer, TV, remote, microwave).
- Clean bathrooms, including bathtub/hot tub/shower, toilet, floor, sink, and mirror.
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings (e.g., appliances, furniture, ice bucket, honor bar, baseboards, ledges, entrance door).
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access, such as knocking three times, saying "Housekeeping," and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Limit access to guest rooms while cleaning by following departmental procedures.
- Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items from room and balcony/patio.
- Replace dirty linens (e.g., sheets, pillow cases) and terry (e.g., towels, bathrobes) with clean items, following correct bed making and folding standards.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms, such as toiletries, glasses, mugs, linens, towels, tissues, coffee, printed materials, and laundry bags according to standards.
- Report missing hotel/resort property and damages to room to manager/supervisor.
- Clean public and employee restrooms and showers, including stocking bathroom with adequate paper goods and soap, cleaning all surfaces, and emptying trash.
- Clean glass (e.g., windows, mirrors) in public and employee areas by removing dust, spots, and smears.
- Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment (e.g., mops, buffers, vacuums, wet vacuum, extractor, shampoo machine, stain remover).
- Dust surfaces in assigned area, including furniture, fixtures, woodwork, pictures, public or house phones, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, and air vents.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays, and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling or disposal.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to manager/supervisor.
- Clean and maintain lights by wiping lamps, light fixtures, and light switches, checking that they are in proper working condition, and reporting burnt-out bulbs.
Safety and Security
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Policies and Procedures
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). Follow any local Training requirements & Guidance
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES Interpersonal Skills
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Safety Orientation
- Positive Demeanor
Higher Education, Diploma or equivalent Related Work Experience
No related work experience is required Supervisory Experience
No supervisory experience is required
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.