Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- To ensure that all kitchens outlets have a professional recipe costing prior the hotel opening date to establish selling prices
- To ensure that all recipes are up to date and in line with selling prices once hotel has opened
- Monitor and control culinary monthly P&L with main focus on food cost, labour cost and cost of consumables
- Maintain solid records of all holiday and PH clearance and assure that accumulated within all kitchens is kept to the minimum
- Carry out regular analysis of outlet related financial information including menu engineering
- To be updated with the latest food trends in the F&B industry to ensure that Ala Carte dishes and Buffets are in line or ahead with international standards
- Conduct regular hands on dish training to ensure food knowledge of all chefs is up to date
- Plan and execute months of Ramadan and other promotional activities for banquet or outlets
- Attend and participate in all required meetings as scheduled
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Executive Chef
- Vocational Diploma in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management
- Degree or Higher National Diploma equivalent in Hospitality/Hotel/Business Management preferred
- Certified supervising food safety in catering level 3 or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years as Executive Sous Chef or 4 years as Chef de Cuisine or a similar position in a five-star deluxe hotel operation
- A minimum of total 10 years of experience working in high end a five-star deluxe kitchens or restaurants
- Michelin Star Restaurants experience is an advantage
- Work experience in at least one of the following countries in the Middle East: UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and Qatar
- Experience with Morton Bay purchasing and InfoGenesis point of sales systems or other known systems is an advantage
If you are interested in joining our team apply today!