You have no new notifications
Job Number 23016758
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Supervise Executive Lounge associates to ensure all hotel policies, procedures, regulations and standards are followed.
Ensuring that Reception and F&B operations run smoothly and in a professional manner at all times.
Perform all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required.
Assume leadership in the absence of Executive Lounge Assistant Manager and Executive Lounge Manager.
Ensure appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates including all on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
• Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
• Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
• Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
• Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
• Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst Executive Lounge team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all Executive Lounge associates.
• Ensure all checklists are completed at the end of each shift
• Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
• Supervise VIP and Marriott Rewards Elite member arrivals. Ensure meet and greet for Elite member.
• Ensure all guest requests are met and special requirements/preferences are taken into account.
• Liaise on daily basis with Culinary team to ensure buffet set-up is complete and food is replenished and to inform of expected guest counts.
• Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all Executive Lounge associates in order to achieve monthly target.
• Encourage all associates to keep working areas clean and tidy.
• Adhere to all food safety regulations and requirements
• Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, Empower Guest Experience and other front office related operational software.
• Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations
• Participate in the training and development of Executive Lounge associates and provide training to associates when necessary
• Support and practice Empowerment within Front Office.
• Understand all front office sections and their operational requirements.
• Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
• Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
• Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
• Supervise compliance of Executive Lounge Agents in Cash handling procedures to maintain an accurate float.
• Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
• Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
• Prepare and ensure timely delivery of daily reports to other departments as well as executive office
• Assist in maintaining of bulletin board, or other visual representation, to note any outstanding issues, supply shortages within Executive Lounge.
• Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
• Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
• Be flexible according to the business need
• Have an excellent approach to customer service
• To be a champion of GuestVoice key drivers: "Staff anticipated guest needs" and "problem was resolved on first contact".
• To be a part of the campaign to collect as many GuestVoice as possible, without going against the GuestVoice SOP.
• Have strong organizational skills; always practice "Clean as you go"
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
• Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, and human capital index and market share.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.