Job Number 23054424
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Focuses on delivering exceptionally personalized experience for JW Executive Lounge guests and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Titanium and Ambassador. Responsible for pre-arrival communication with Executive Lounge Guests and arranging for all guest requests and preferences. Process all Executive Lounge guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns.
Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests' personal checks and traveller's checks. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
Assists with food and beverage service and set-up in the Executive Lounge.
Assists Reception Lobby when needed.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - n/a
Skills and Knowledge
- Customer services/contact.
- Hotel experience will be an added value, experience in the Middle East.
- Preferred experience/background of Receptionist/Guest Relation
Education or Certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer and MS office literate
- Opera skills will be an added value
- English language (written and spoken)
- Good level of English essential
- High School, Diploma, Degree education or equivalent required
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
OTHER Safety and Security
- Ensure all relevant SOP's are adhered to, to ensure consistent levels of services are maintained at all times.
- To be a champion of GSS key drivers: "Staff anticipated guest needs" and "problem was resolved on first contact".
- To be a part of the campaign to collect as many GSS as possible, without going against the GSS SOP.
- Due to the nature of our business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
- To have knowledge of hotel rates, packages, discounts and vouchers.
- To have knowledge of room types and locations within the hotel.
- To ensure that all Guests receive personal service to the highest degree of courtesy and to be informed of the hotel's facilities.
- Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, addresses, telephone numbers etc. unless authorised by a manager.
- To ensure that a good relationship is kept between all other departments.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to a manager.
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
- Ensure the cleanliness and neatness of the Executive Lounge areas.
- Prepare VIP arrival reports and share those with the hotel staff.
- Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and adhere to grooming standards at all times.
- Hand over any relevant information with necessary departments and associates.
- To have full knowledge of Empower Guest Experience and to use information daily for follow up.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly departmental meetings and contribute with the acquired knowledge.
- Play and active role in the implementation of new procedures and services.
- To take over the tasks of the Executive Lounge Team Leader/Supervisor in their absence (including but not limited to GSS Weekly Reports, attendance of the Daily Briefings, Empower Guest Experience weekly reports, Guest Correspondence)
- To ensure that all Guest concerns, complaints and compliments are actioned and addressed in an appropriate manner, logged in guest profile and Empower Guest Experience.
- To liaise with the Executive Lounge Leaders to ensure that information is communicated efficiently but not duplicated.
- To assist Guests with general enquires and any other reasonable service requested by guests.
- To assist in check-in and check-out if the Front Desk / Reception Lobby are overloaded/understaffed.
- Ensure all guests are welcomed according to the JW Marriott Welcome Experience.
- Review the trends of arrivals and departure and schedule him/herself accordingly.
- Be familiar with all local attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.
- Ensure logs are maintained and put in proper use:
- Daily activities log
- Handover log
- Courtesy calls and Guest Engagement log
- Be aware of VIP arrivals
- Balance Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.