As the head of the F&B Kitchen Department of Huvafen Fushi Maldives, to lead the kitchen operations to excellent standard of food quality & food presentation as well as managing the food costs while maintaining the both quality and style of cuisine.
• Degree from a recognized University in Culinary Arts or Related Field will be an asset
• 5-8 years of experience in Culinary Operation in a similar capacity in a luxury resort environment
• Producer of consistently quality product & service
• Strong leadership and excellent management skills
• Flexible, Innovative, resourceful, adaptable
• Previously similar location a definite benefit
• Dedicated team player, can do approach
• Ability to drive departmental revenue and profit goals
• Excellent training & communication and guests' relations skills
• Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
• Extensive experience & expertise in inventory control
• Proficient in all financial aspects linked to the operation
• Food Hygiene champion
• Ensures the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation is maintained at its highest level at all times.
• Supervising kitchen operations ie. Quality levels of production and presentation, guests’ satisfaction, merchandising and marketing, operating/payroll/food costs, cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene
• Ensures the resort Food cost is maintained at all times
• Planning and creating innovative menus utilizing fresh local produce to provide guests with an unsurpassable dining experience.
• Maintaining an up to date standard recipe file for all food items by preparing menus, recipe cards and preparation charts
• Demonstrating firm knowledge of all suppliers and their products and thorough knowledge of ordering and delivery procedures
• Ordering, storing and stocktaking of produce. Ensuring correct food storage practices are being adhered to in order to prevent unnecessary spoilage and cross contamination.
• Ordering, receiving and checking of food items, ensuring that requested quality and quantity is ordered.
• Ensure that presentation and grooming standards in the department are adhered to at all times within the kitchen.
• Investigating all accidents and implementing corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence, following consultation with employees
• Develops formal training plans and conducts on-the-job training sessions for the kitchen employees.