Job Number 22209916
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Meet group coordinator/host(ess) prior to functions, make introductions, and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable. Read and analyze banquet event order in order to gather guest information, determine proper set up, timeline, specific guest needs, buffets, action stations, etc. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Follow up on special banquet event arrangements to ensure compliance.
Skills and Knowledge
- College degree preferred
- Multi lingual preferred
- Previous position requirements (Event coordinator, reservation agent, front desk clerk, banquet supervisor, restaurant supervisor)
- Understand group and catering positioning of the hotel.
- Knowledge of menu and food presentation
- Knowledge of possible capacities and catering styles of the hotel
- Familiarity and knowledge of all departments within the hotel
- Effective communication skills
- Distribute information in a concise, well-organized manner
- Manages guest conflict situation effectively
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share Essential Functions
- Being able to collaborate with a customer and craft individual events.
- Taking care of a smooth transition from sales to events planning.
- Handle groups & events contracted by the Sales team ranging from 1 room per night/ 1 pax to 250 rooms per night/ 250pax
- Focus to communicate and deliver outstanding events to the customer.
- Focus on future service potential problems and/or conflicts from a service point of few.
- Being proactive in offering solutions.
- Creating & distributing Banquet Event Orders & Group Resumes.
- Accurately forecasts all the events (bedrooms and/or catering)
- Guidance and support throughout the event.
- Being knowledgeable about product and services.
- Handle the billing process by preparing invoices, having bill reviews with the guest and finalizing the invoices by ensuring billing accuracy.
- Takes total ownership and responsibilities for the successful planning and coordination of groups & events assigned.
- Continuous communication with the operational team.
- Be available as needed during the event phase for their assigned groups.
- Organizing & planning the group rooms side of the event.
- Working in coordination with assigned Group housing partner to ensure rooming list & room instructions have been updated accurately.
- Guiding the client throughout the event as the expert partner for the guest by being a consultant
- Attend the daily service communication tool; BEO meeting.
- Up-sell last minute items to ensure profitability.
- Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings in line with Marriott standards.
- Show around in connection with in-house functions.
- Coordinate all activities involving the pre- and post-event process.
- Coordinating & supporting on all department admin tasks.
- Act as a support to the Events Admin Clerk.
- Work on Digital signage as per the schedule.
- Communicate challenging situations accurate to responsible departments.
- Handle guest complaints in a professional manner and come up with solutions.
- Responsibility of working on individual projects besides the organization of events.
- Following department timelines for actualization, BEO & Group resume distribution, rostering, forecasting, etc.
- Rewarding Bonvoy points in a timely manner after checking the required criteria mentioned on the Job Aid for posting points.
- Working honestly, ethically & with integrity
This list is meant to be representative of the common responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise this job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments). OTHER Safety and Security
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.