Moskito Island, in the beautiful and unspoiled British Virgin Islands, goes beyond conventional estate rental, with exceptional personal service in a secluded and private Caribbean setting. For guests looking for a perfect balance of that ‘home away from home’ feeling combined with the full range of services you’d expect from a luxury resort, Moskito Island is designed to cater to every taste. It’s like we’ve thought of everything, and if we haven’t you need only ask! Homeowners are also our guests, and we want to exceed expectations in terms of service and tailor-make the experience for the community that inhabit the island.
The island has ten Estates, six of them are already complete, one is under construction and a further three are in the planning stages. In addition to the Estates there’s a shared Recreational area, Beach House, watersports centre, tennis pavilion, dining pavilions and pristine beaches.
Moskito is also the sister island to Necker Island (just a short boat ride away), which is also operated by Virgin Limited Edition.
Here’s what you need in your tool kit:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a management role of the same or similar level position in a luxury resort or estate in the Caribbean or other island or remote setting.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience running a Private House or Estate
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hospitality and event management with detailed knowledge of hotel operations and private home services – e.g. food & beverage, rooms / facilities management, front of house or concierge operations, Estate / butler services.
- Experience dealing directly with and forming relationships with owners
- Pre-opening and opening leadership experience in hotels or resorts or Estate property
- Medical response, first aid certification preferred or willing to learn.
- Strong budget management; financial reporting and controls experience. Ideally this should encompass responsibility for a full operating P&L
- Professional certification in general hospitality or specific disciplines e.g. Front of House, Estate management, butler services, Food & Beverage desirable.
Behaviours / Skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong planning, organisation and execution skills
- Team builder and people connector
- Team coach and trainer
- Self-starter and self-motivator
- Flexible and unflappable (able to manage changes/ special requests with confidence)
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- High level observation skills/ attention to detail
- Emotionally intelligent and confident communicator, especially across different cultural groups, nationalities and stakeholder interests
- Open to new ideas and change meeting the needs of the guests
- Impeccable service / guest experience orientation
- Persistent in inspiring and implementing high standards and professionalism
- Strong and eloquent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly competent in the use of computer systems and equipment, specifically, Property Management, Reservations Systems, Financial Management (hospitality focus) Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Second language in addition to English an asset
- Sense of fun and positive outlook a must
What’s the gig?
Reporting to the Moskito General Manager, you will have the incredible opportunity of opening and simultaneously managing an Estate, which once open may be privately occupied by the homeowner or rented to Virgin Limited Edition guests.
You will manage a core team including a Head Chef and Housekeepers as well as additional variable staff you’ll bring in to accommodate each guest booking. An important part of the role is working alongside the other island teams to deliver a unique island encounter and create a service and atmosphere the to suit the personality of every guest and each homeowner.
The culture of the property and the size of the team means that everyone is hands on and works closely with each other to create the magic that Moskito Island will become even more renowned for.
We’re looking for a manager who’s obsessed with creating memorable connections and home away from home experience in an incredible setting for both guests and your team. Someone who takes care and pride in delighting each and every homeowner and guest so they come back time after time for more magical experiences.
Here’s the deal
Package & Benefits
- Competitive annual salary subject to local taxes
- Discretionary performance-linked bonus up to 15% of base annual salary
- Share in the island gratuities
- 20 days paid holiday per year
- Hours as required, based on a minimum of 5 days per week
- Accommodation provided
- Food Allowance
- Medical Insurance, Life Insurance and Company Pension after qualifying period
- …and the world’s best commute to work!