Job Number 23054317
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Install, maintain, perform preventative maintenance on, and recommend replacement of tools, appliances, and equipment. Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, etc. Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves. Order, mark, and stock parts and supplies as needed. Maintain inventory and purchase orders log. Inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Enter and locate work-related information using computers. Operate power lift. Complete the life safety checklist, including the fire-pump run test and generator run test. Inspect fire sprinkler valves and alarm systems. Assist in development of disaster response protocols. Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, and assist individuals with disabilities. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 2
- Titles of Direct Reports - Asst. Managers
Skills and Knowledge
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
Education or Certification
- At least 5 years of related work experience
- Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position: Key Responsibilities
CRITICAL TASK Safety and Security
- Supervise and control the Maintenance Request System over their respective shifts.
- Control and undertake assigned capital projects including construction and commissioning.
- Perform general repairs and maintenance to all plant and equipment based on skill and experience level.
- Carry out regular inspections of plant and equipment and ensure that inspections required by Government authorities are conducted and documented.
- Carry out general room inspection, preventative maintenance inspections and repairs including scheduling of all these works .
- Supervise and assist with the Fire Protection Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Ensure Fire and Engineering safety features operate at peak efficiency.
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel.
- Ensure proper measures are taken to protect the environment and the Hotel' s adherence to it.
- Implements energy and water management systems to minimize wastage and costs.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance and Condition Monitoring Programs.
- Supervise the daily (over the three shifts) operation and maintenance of buildings, electrical and mechanical services, water features, fixtures, furnishings and equipment.
- Liaise and supervise Property Maintenance Contractors on site and ensure appropriate standards are met.
- Carry out all emergency repairs to all technical equipment related to individual's skill and experience level .
- Ensure that workshops have adequate stock and materials in Stores and that all workshops are kept in a clean and safe environment.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Ensure that all associates comply with the grooming and uniform standards.
- Conduct development and performance reviews.
- Implement and maintain training systems to ensure that associates have the necessary framework and skills to perform their job efficiently and effectively. This includes certification of all engineering associates.
- Assist with the selection and appointment of new associates within the department.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to keep all associates are fully informed
- Ensure compliance with legislated workplace health and safety requirements
- Comply with Hotel specific Standards and Procedures.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness of all plant / mechanical equipment rooms.
- Prepare Engineering reports as required by Director of Engineering / Assistant DOE / Manager.
- Ensure all requests for maintenance are carried out within an acceptable time frame.
- Assist all engineering associates with maintenance and repairs when required.
- Encourage multi skilling of the engineering associates thereby improving productivity team diversity.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
Working with Others
- Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
Install, Maintain, and Repair Items
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Removal of snow and maintenance of ice management (if applicable).
Maintain Building and Property
- Ensure that all flammable materials are stored in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices.
- Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, tools,) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests
Coordinate with Others
- Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Comply with the life safety checklist, including completing the fire-pump run test and generator run test in accordance with local jurisdictions and company policies.
- Communicate with customers when necessary to resolve maintenance issues.
- Inspect fire sprinkler valves and fire alarm systems in accordance with company policy and local codes.
- Assist in development of disaster response protocols.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES Analytical Skills
- Required to be flexible and work shift patterns as deemed necessary by the management
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Applied Reading
- English Language Proficiency
- Form, Report, and Log Completion
- Safety Orientation
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Time Management
- Detail Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Visual Acuity
- Proper Lifting Techniques
Tools and Equipment
- Delegating and Directing
- Resolving Conflict
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hand/Power Tools
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.