The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
The role of the Duty Manager ensure that Front Office shifts are run efficiently, providing outstanding guest service, assisting all Front Office staff and maintaining a calm, professional environment at all times.
- To be an ambassador of the Front Office and the hotel, in and outside the work place.
- To provide a personal service to all the guests, fully aware and following the hotel standards and procedure.
- To ensure that all guests receive a warm welcome and that they enjoy their stay / visit being offered the finest personal service.
- To personally greet and escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To ensure that the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information is respected.
- To ensure uncompromising levels of cleanliness and maintenance of the work place through own responsibility.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest’s satisfaction and recording it.
- To ensure a proper use of the telephone etiquette standards.
- Prepare documentation for daily business.
- Supervises all Front Office Service by making sure that these services are available and carried out with the utmost efficiency.
- Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous reception of guests.
- Record and administer arrivals and departures.
- Assist in training new staff members, coach them and monitor their performance.
- Ensure the desk is covered at all times, allocating meal breaks sensibly.
- Full awareness of current daily status of Hotel.
- Ensure smooth hand over to next shift.
- To handle any complaint with tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Communication and recording of complaints.
- Be aware of daily functions, events, VIP and group arrivals.
- To inspect pre-assigned rooms for VIP guests, ensuring that all room set-ups and amenities are prepared according to standard.
- To investigate all guest and staff accidents and report the circumstances to management.
- To patrol in the hotel to ensure everything is in good order and condition.
- To observe & enforce the overall conduct and appearance of the staff.
- To co-ordinate with Security in investigation guest’s lost property.
- To be fully aware of the hotel’s emergency procedures with regard to safety of guests and staff.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
- Evaluates Front Office operation and procedures and suggests improvements to FOM.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to subordinates, assisting FO/CON staff.
- Ensures all VIP and SPG rooms are blocked and inspected.
- Liaises with Credit Department for outstanding bills of departing guests.
- Ensures that all personnel are well groomed at all times.
- Ensures a smooth traffic flow and daily operation.
- Ensures that all information on restaurants, hotel facilities, emergency telephone numbers and other miscellaneous numbers are kept up to date at all times.
- Ensures that all guest requests, requirements and complaints are attended, and promptly handled in the correct manner, resolved and recorded.
- Ensure that Starguest system is used efficiently and effectively.
- In coordination with Housekeeping and Engineering Depts., ensures the cleanliness and tidiness of hotel public areas.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To provide friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To maintain good working relationships with all colleagues.
- To read and understand the hotel’s Employee Handbook and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures re lating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments / areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend trainings and meetings as and when required.
- Bachelor or College degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in FO, preferably in a luxury environment
- Management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Administrational skills
- Organisational & time management skills
- Keyboard/Computer skills
- Communication skills - written and verbal
Build Personal Effectiveness
- Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant.
- Act with integrity.
- Excellence in communication skills: verbally and listening.
- Exhibit self-confidence
- Make sound decisions
- Take initiative
Create Team Focus
- Build relationships
- Facilitate open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Able to delegate
- Promote team diversity
- Customer service orientation
- Create High Performance Culture
- Able to multi task and to set clear priorities
- Effective organizational development
- Take ownership
- Results oriented
Lead Change and Innovate
- Build support for change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Share best practices
Other skills (Language, Computers)
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and preferably another language
- Good computer skills
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marriott International standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.