Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark Pyramid global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a 'transformational agent' for our guests and 'the best of the best'! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests' expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, housing options, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley.
Scheduled hours may vary based on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours in order to properly support overall operations. We're always ready to lend a helping hand, as such, you would be required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference - apply now!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Our dishwashers and cleaners are behind the scenes, but they play an integral role in the success of our food and beverage operations! These roles are an important part of the Abbey food and beverage team and must be energized, motivated. We need someone who has a keen eye for cleanliness. They are also responsible for keep the dish pit clean and are expected to complete janitorial duties such as sweeping and mopping.
- Ensure all kettles are cleaned when shift begins.
- Properly operate and maintain dish machine according to manufacturer's standards.
- Receive, scrape, rinse, and rack dishes/utensils.
- Unload dish machine, stack, store, and return dishes/utensils to proper area of kitchen.
- Inspects dishes after they have been cleaned and prior to storing to ensure they are clean and in good repair.
- Wash all pots and pans and store neatly.
- Changes cleaning solution and ensures proper sanitation is followed.
- Empty garbage cans in dish area and throughout kitchen as needed. Maintain dish area including floors, walls, and counter areas within the prescribed standards and health department guidelines.
- Sweep and mop floors in dish room and kitchen. Clean and dry floors to avoid slip/fall accidents and replace floor mats.
- Transport soiled ware to wash area and return empty trucks to bus area, if an outside function.
- Wipe down counter tops and preparation areas in order to maintain a clean, efficient operation.
- Restock area with required supplies.
- Handle cleaning chemicals according to prescribed safety standards.
- Assist with the lifting and moving of food carts, dish storage racks and other kitchen equipment as directed by supervisor.
- Meet all cleaning and sanitation requirements.
Your Environment: Controlled indoor temperatures, could experience high temperatures and high humidity in kitchen / dish pit area and when delivering inventory to indoors and outdoor locations. Varied workload volume levels based on kitchen activity level. Standing and walking on hard surface tile flooring, possibility for wet floors and carpets - non-slip shoes a must!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated individuals to join our team! Successful candidates for this role will have a desire to learn, to develop skills and work with the culinary and food & beverage leadership teams to keep kitchen operations running smoothly and in tiptop shape.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Previous experience washing dishes and working with cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to operate kitchen dishwashing equipment.
- Ability to be on your feet for full shift.
- Ability to transport, push/pull carts up to 50 lbs., often throughout shift, as well as, reach/grab/bend/stretch to keep all wares moving along.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to work independently.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.