Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You'll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the leadership, direction, and planning within the Food and Beverage Warehouse/Distribution Centers as well as the Restaurant Equipment Tech department across Universal Orlando Resort. Develops annual capital and expense plan to enable financial excellence within labor, non-labor, and as well as other cost centers. Cultivates an inclusive environment that fosters diversity and teamwork. Supports initiatives to continuously improve Guest and Team Member satisfaction. Proactively implements programs to reduce safety incidents.
- Plans, directs, and leads the operation of the department through leadership to direct reports and greater Food Warehouse and Restaurant Equipment Tech (RET) team in their oversight of the day-to-day operations and activities while holding the team accountable for results.
- Oversees and coordinates all logistics and planned work with an emphasis on maintaining Company assets to avoid and/or reduce any downtime that could negatively impct the Food and Beverage client group.
- Creates a positive Guest and TM experience through communication of goals and expectations while ensuring operating and safety standards are maintained.
- Participates in the identification and development of Team Member training and safety programs and the monitoring of such results.
- Creates and maintains operating and productivity standards for supervisors and Team Members.
- Monitors equipment and infrastructure needs, generating growth and efficiency objectives and plans.
- Ensures the department is compliant with all EHS regulations and Team Members have required certifications.
- Maintains on-going product quality audits and vendor reviews to guarantee products and services meet specifications.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND INITIATIVE LEADERSHIP
- Responsible for strategic planning, financial analysis and planning, budgets, inventory control, sanitation and safety, training and development, staffing, employee relations, analysis, Capital planning, project work and Talent Review planning for the Food Warehouse and RET teams.
- Leads planning, organizing, monitoring, and control of all aspects of initiatives, to ensure engagement, commitment, and risk management; provides ongoing communications on project status to ensure senior leadership alignment.
- Develops and implements systems, programs, policies, and procedures to ensure efficient operation of designated areas.
- Partners with client groups to plan and develop strategies to enhance operational needs. Communicates and keeps leadership and field apprised of potential service changes and or interruptions. Routinely evaluates business and when needed modifies operations to sustain efficiency and productivity to match department and divisions requirements.
- Partners with key stakeholders in developing and leveraging company purchasing and supplier networks to achieve cost efficiencies while ensuring quality.
- Leads programs and processes to ensure a positive Guest experience through enhancements and ongoing monitoring.
- Develops strategic business cases to secure approval for department budgets and funding needs; oversees and manages the department budget.
- Oversee and execute selection of top-quality diverse talent to facilitate attainment of team goals and objectives.
- Drive development of the Food Warehouse and RET team through continuous coaching, feedback, training, and role modeling. Partner with all UO divisions in creating synergies that drive overall company goals and increased revenues. Achieve TSAT goals and objectives. Develop and implement TSAT action plans to drive engagement and own the Talent Review process.
- Lead Warehouse and RET Human Resource issues to resolution, including, coaching and development, performance reviews, IDP documentation, one on one time with staff and Team Members, 360 evaluations and organizational development.
- Understand and actively manage Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION:Bachelor's degree in business, hospitality, or a related field is required.
- 10+ years warehouse and/or restaurant equipment experience managing a large team in a high-volume fast-paced environment with a multi-concept property (i.e., large resort, theme park, casino stadium, Convention Center, etc. or diverse restaurant chain)
- ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE